029

*FLASHBACK*

"Tee-hee!"

With soft steps, a pair of feet scampered quickly across wooden floorboards. The seven-year-old Kazuya ran through dark hallways as lightly as she could, clutching a paper bag tightly in her arms.

She made it to a long hallway. The walls were adorned with shelves where Grade 4 cursed spirits were perched on, their eyes fixed on the seven-year-old.

Kazuya gulped, taking a step back. She looked at the single door at the end of the hallway, the edges lit up.

"Kaya-onee-chan is going to love this!" she whispered to herself. She'd already made it this far, she couldn't give up now!

She took a careful step forward. Then another, and another, avoiding the floorboards she knew creaked.

The cursed spirits curled back at Kazuya's presence. But the little girl was unaware that the cursed spirits were more scared of her than she was of them.

Kazuya reached over and slowly slid the door open, careful not to make any noise. She quickly and quietly stepped inside and closed the door.

She turned around, taking in the view. Her older sister's room was awesome!

The walls were painted different shades of pink: bubble gum, pastel pink, watermelon pink, and lemonade pink. She had a bed that reminded Kazuya of marshmallows, all fluffy and soft. And Hello Kitty covered everything: the walls, the bed. Heck , her desk and dresser were Hello Kitty themed!

At the pink desk with a Hello Kitty mirror, Kazuya saw her older sister studying diligently. She muttered all sorts of facts Kazuya had never heard of before, writing on her notebooks. A stack of textbooks were at the side of her desk.

"Kaya-onee-chan!"

Her older sister flinched and looked up, seeing Kazuya through the mirror. A smile appeared on her face as she whirled around.

"Kazuya-chan!" Himura Kaiya rushed over to her younger sister. "How did you get here? How did they not catch you?"

"Because I'm awesome!" Kazuya said cheerfully, shaking the paper bag. "Look what I have!"

"What is it?" Kaiya asked, sniffing it. "It smells...tasty!"

"It's pizza," Kazuya whispered, like it was a big secret. "For you."

"For me?" Kaiya asked with wide eyes. "But...Her Maje- I mean, Mother, said I can't eat this."

"That's why you're going to eat it," Kazuya answered in a 'duh' voice.