032

MEANWHILE, AT THE luxury restaurant, Detective Araya and Nanami Kento were having an...interesting conversation.

"Ahaha~!" Detective Araya smiled sweetly. "You're not at all like my friend described you!"

Nanami Kento looked up from the menu, slightly raising an eyebrow. "In a bad way?"

"Of course not! In a good way!" Detective Araya said. "You're handsome, for one."

Did Gojo have something to do with this? Nanami thought. "What do you work in?"

He didn't say I was pretty, Detective Araya thought, her eye twitching. "I'm currently working towards being a teacher! What about you?"

"I'm a freelancer."

"Oh, that's very nice!" Detective Araya said, eyeing the bottle of wine in front of them. "Would you like some more wine?"

"Yes, please."

Detective Araya cheerfully hummed to herself as she picked up the bottle of wine and uncapped it. She carefully poured some wine into Nanami's wine glass.

"Oh no!"

Suddenly, her hand slipped and the wine sloshed onto the table. Nanami jerked the menu away from the table and Detective Araya quickly lifted the bottle.

"I'm so sorry!" Detective Araya apologized as Nanami grabbed some napkins. "I'm such a klutz."

"It's alright," Nanami said, quickly cleaning up the mess.

"Oh gosh, I feel horrible," Detective Araya continued to fret.

"It really is fine."

Detective Araya bit her lip. "But still..."

"Just please be more careful in the future, Ms. Araya," Nanami said politely, setting aside the soiled napkins.

Detective Araya flinched, her eyebrows furrowed. "Hey..."

She looked up at Nanami with worried and frightened eyes. "We never told each other our names, did we..."

Nanami froze slightly, realizing the big mistake he'd just made. Detective Araya looked at him like a trembling bunny in distress, suddenly realizing that something wasn't right with him.

Suddenly, Detective Araya's face did a 180. Her face relaxed as she looked at him with a smug look on her face. Her eyes almost seemed to glow.

"...Mr. Nanami?"

This time, it was Nanami's turn to be shocked and frightened. His eyes snapped toward her, multiple questions flooding through them.

Wait, how did she know my name? We haven't introduced ourselves yet! he thought, gripping his fork tightly.

"Here is your food," the waiter interrupted them.

"Thank you~!" Detective Araya cheerfully said, accepting her plate.

"Thank you," Nanami said, accepting his and the waiter left.

But before Nanami could ask any questions, Detective Araya interrupted him. She had changed completely. She was still the happy-go-lucky, cheerful woman he had met earlier in the dinner...but dark intentions seemed to hide beneath the bright smile.

She's not ordinary, he realized as he stared into those brown eyes that were no longer basic. She's dangerous.

"Well, now that we have introductions out of the way," Detective Araya said, leaning back on her seat. "How about we discuss some more important matters, Mr. Nanami?"