001

4 years ago.....

The evening Chicago wind blew furiously as the sun disappeared behind clouds for the day. 2 layers still didn't feel like enough for the wind flowing through ever crack and crany of her jacket and boots.

The darkness filled the sky making streets gloomy, the street lights becoming her new source of vision.The wind becoming so strong it created a small like whistle to her ears.

Geneviève knew it was never good to be out on the streets of Chicago, Illinois alone, specially at night. But she had walked to work that way and this was the only way to get back to her apartment.

Usually the streets were filled with people, some playing dice, some selling dope and thinking nobody sees. She does, she sees a lot that she's not supposed but it's never her business so she never intervenes. Who knew the one time she did would get her into so much trouble.

Geneviève grew paranoid as time passed by, she knew she had been only walking for four minutes but it felt longer. Each car that passed by, she thought that either the car slowed down just a bit or she was going crazy. If only her phone hadn't went dead at work while she was listening to music.

She was turning a corner before she came to a complete stop. Watching two figures talking,her ears perked up hearing screeching tired before a car pulled up next to the two, and shots start firing. Making her duck down, even when they weren't directed at her.

She was stuck in the fetus position with a eyes covered until she heard the cars tire scurry away making her stand tall again. She looked in the same spot where the two now laid on the ground.

She gasped at the fact she just witnessed a shoot out for first time. It was normal in Chicago,but never the less it still made her extremely uncomfortable. She always seen them on the news and prayed that shouldn't be in the mist of one.

She looked around to see some people looking out their windows. Some standing on porches, before going back into their homes.

Was no one going to call the police or something?

Geneviève was lost in thought that she didn't hear a groan come from one of the bodies until she heard it again.

She had a internal battle about wether to help or not, It wasn't her business nor her place. Geneviève knew her conscious would never let her live this down so she went her gut and walked closer to bodies.

Geneviève held back the gag that wanted to escape seeing the large pools of blood, the closer she got the more the groans became louder.

She paused in her track when she heard the sound of gun click making her eyes widen. She meet the eyes of one of them, he was clutching his side. She could tell he was in pain and she wanted to help.

Geneviève studied in college in the medical field. She grew up with brothers who always came home with either fighting wounds or gun shots, so she knew how to stitch. She was always the one to help her brothers, and none of them went to the hospital cause they had her.

She raised her hands up in surrender to show she wasn't a threat.

She cleared her throat before speaking. Trying to find the right words so he wouldn't shoot her.

"Let me help!" She blubbered out, taking him by surprise, she watched as his grip slightly loosin around the gun. Staring at her suspiciously from a distance.

"Why?" He asked. Suddenly she found herself without an answer, she didn't know why she wanted to help them but she did.

"Because...i want to..." she expressed. The wind slowly caressing her face, the Chicago air grew colder. She could see him shivering which made her frown. All she wanted to do was help.