Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Quackity had woken up, ready to start his day off peacefully. He had woken up at just before sunrise and had meander about his usual routine of getting ready. He purposely didn't have any mirrors in his house so to save himself the trouble of looking and seeing his scars and most importantly his wings. He always hated his wings and in the past had kept them hidden and bind to his back. For a while no one had known he had wings. So his were in poor shape especially when compared with Philza's large black wings. Quackity would be lucky if he could get a good glide with the state of the his wings, He'd be lucky if he got off the ground. Not that he ever tried to get off the ground before. He's never even preened.

He took a deep breath something that he learned helped him settle unwanted thoughts, as he finished putting on his cloak, making sure that his wings were hidden and flat against his back, ready for the day. He didn't have much planned merely going out for supplies and such. He had moved and built himself a nice cottage style house out in a meadow surrounded by woods, he had been trying to relax after the failed execution of a certain pig hybrid and the total destruction of L'Manberg, he needed to get away. However, as soon as he opened his door, he froze, seeing a familiar figure riding on horse back toward his home. Upon seeing the familiar horse decked out in diamond armor, visions of blue, red, and white danced in his vision. And the laughter.

Without much thought, and purely on self preservation, Quackity practically slammed the front door shut, and pressed himself against it, as he tried not to panic, because surely that was not Technoblade coming toward his house. It couldn't be. The pig hybrid was suppose to be 'retired' and hold up in the arctic with Phil. What was was he doing all the way out here? Not willing to stick around and lose another life, Quackity quickly pushed a few chests nearby in front of the door and made his way tot he back of the house. By the time he climbed out the window, there were heavy knocks on the door.

"Quackity! Open up!" Technoblade called out. And that was the duck hybrids cue to run, making a beeline for the trees. If he could make to the trees he could possibly loose the pig hybrid in the woods. The one thing Quackity was grateful for was that he had built his house on a hill, it gave him much needed momentum as he ran. "Quackity! Don't run, Quackity!" Techno's voice sounded behind him.

"Shit!" Quackity wheezed and ran faster, his wings beating the behind him to give him some extra momentum. He could hear Techno perusing him. The pig hybrids steps sounding more calm and steady compare to his own frantic ones, as he weaved through the trees in an attempt to try and lose his pursuer.

"Quackity, stop!" Techno called out, not even out of breath. A quick look behind his shoulders graced him with the knowledge that Technoblade had decided to chase him on foot instead of horseback, which meant Quackity had a chance of getting away. He wasn't so sure considering it sounded like Techno's footsteps seemed to be getting closer.

Quackity wheezed trying to force more air into his lungs, because he was not stopping. He was not! He wasn't ready for battle. He couldn't fight The Blade right now. Not when all his weapons were back in the house. Branches pulled and swiped at his face as he ran, too focused on running and getting away, to even feel the assault that thin little twigs on the trees were doing to him. He spotted a river coming up too big to really jump over, but if he could use his wings, maybe he would make it and hopefully treading rushing water would slow down Techno.

"Quackity, stop right there." Techno demanded, upon seeing his wings starting to beat faster, some feather coming lose with how fast they were beating at air.

"Fuck you!" Quackity cursed, although the words barely made it passed his lips as he pushed for more speed, as he prepared to make the jump.

"Quackity." Techno said, in a warning tone. Too close.