Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Things were continuing like a routine now. Quackity would wake up, always next to Phil and for some reason finding himself closer and closer to the others in the nest too. Phil would take him and Tommy out to do wing exercises and take them flying. Quackity found that he didn't mind the flying bit, though Phil did insist that Quackity had to flap his wings even while up in the air. Ranger stayed in sight at all times now and he stopped shooing the little crow away. He noticed that Tommy and Wilbur were starting to act weird too, which just put him on edge. He would catch the, looking at him, or coming up to see what he was doing even if it was just reading that stupid book Techno had given him. Another thing that put him on edge was when he had entered the nest one day he found a black hat with purple roses and a dark veil attached laying in the nest. Phil had laughed it off saying it was his Lady. And not elaborating when Quackity asked what lady, he was given no answer.

He didn't know why he cared anyway. The only good thing that seemed to have happened to him so far was Ranger, and Technoblade not actively trying to kill him. However the days did seem to go by very slowly now that Phil wasn't around often. He also found himself choking on something in his throat more often, whenever he would notice Phil wasn't around. Not that he was going to let himself slip. He didn't need to call for Phil. So he didn't understand why he wanted to now.

"Up and hold. One. Two. Three...." Techno counted, from the porch looking very much uninterested, as he counted the wings stretches Quackity and Tommy were doing. Phil was gone again today, and not around to make sure the stretches were done. Though it seemed Technoblade didn't mind taking over. "Quackty your slacking. Tommy, I see you trying to sneak off. Seven. Eight...." Techno said, eyes not looking over at them as he continued counting.

"I'm ready to fly!" Tommy shouted, his wings snapping up and down in frustration.

"Well, I don't have wings. Your doing ground training for today." Techno huffed, with a roll of his eyes.

"You got a trident!" Tommy countered.

"I'm not getting the trident out just so I can carry yo in the air for a few seconds. Especially, when you can use your own trident." Techno shook his head. "Find a hay-bail or tree and jump off it. As long as you don't break anything I don't care what you jump off of." Techno grunted, straightening and stretching, as he started to walk off.

"Bitch! I'm going to fly today! I'm going to jump from the highest fucking thing I can find!" Tommy shouted, running after Techno.

Quackity stayed standing where they left him......They left him. Outside. ....In his shoes and in a warm coat. He looked around not really sure what to do with himself. He hadn't been left alone outside in what felt like forever. He was almost grateful when Ranger landed on his shoulder. Though a little surprised to see the little crow carrying his beanie that he was sure he had left at his house.

"Where did you get that?" He asked, taking the beanie from the crow and putting it on.

Ranger tilted its head from side to side slightly, before jumping from his shoulder and going around the house. The little crow looked like it wanted Quackity to follow so he did. He came around the house to see some of the crows carrying some of his things, and flying them into the window of the nest room. The crows usually used the kitchen window so it was odd. And when the last one was in, Brian came from behind them to nudge the window shut again.

"What....." He mumbled.

"They like making the nest comfortable." Wilbur's voice said, coming from the roof of the house. Quackity looked up higher to meet Wilbur's, mischievous gaze. "Its a bird thing. Not that I expect you to know that." He smiled.