this is it

if you can guess from what one shot this is the rewrite, you get a cookie :)

Marinette held the cap of her coat above her head and walked down the street. She looked in front of her for a second and saw that the hotel was not far away. Her footsteps got quicker and soon she arrived at the entrance.

She lowered her cap and the valley immediately let her in as he saw her face. She gave him a quick nod before entering the hotel. Without making any eye contact with anyone, she went toward the elevator. She pushed the right button and made her way up. Her left foot nervously bounced against the floor as the elevator brought her up to the top floor.

She knew she shouldn't be here. She knew what she was doing was wrong but she immediately put on her coat and made her way toward the hotel when he sent the text. 

The door from the elevator opened and she got out. She took out her phone and double-checked the hotel number. Her eyes searched for the right number as she walked through the hall until she came to a stop. She took a deep breath before she knocked on the door. 

Not even 2 seconds later, the door opened. Those green eyes she loved stared down at her as he gave her a shy but genuine smile. She tried her best to contain the drool coming out of her mouth as she checked him out. He wore black pants with a probably very expensive belt and a white shirt that was hanging open so she could see his bare chest. 

A chuckle popped her out of her bubble as she looked back up at him again. "My eyes are up here, princess." The scoff that came out of her mouth and the eye-rolling came automatic before she pushed him farther into the room so she could close the door behind them. 

She turned back around and saw him looking at her with that wonderful look again. The look that made her get butterflies all over her stomach. The look that made all their memories flash in front of her eyes and made her question if she was together with the right man. 

"Are you gonna kiss me or-" before she could even finish her sentence, he placed his hands on her face and smashed his lips against hers. Marinette immediately melted into the kiss and placed her hands on the end of his shirt before pushing it off his shoulders, letting it drop to the ground. 

Adrien began to walk back into the room as Mari stayed attached to his lips. He moved his kisses from her lips to the side of her face to her neck. He moved his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. "I missed you so much." He breathed out when he kissed and nibbled on her neck like he hadn't eaten for days and she was his first meal. 

"I missed you too." She mumbled between soft moans. Adrien took his head away from her neck and leaned his forehead against hers. "We really shouldn't be doing this, bug." He told her. "I know but you still texted me you were here." She said with a light grin on her face. Adrien smirked and got closer to her face. "And you still came here." Marinette stared at him. "Shut up" She exclaimed before kissing him again.

Later that night, Adrien and Marinette were cuddled up on the hotel bed. Clothes were thrown all around the room and a sheet only covered their bottom half. Adrien rested his head on top of hers as he gently stroked her back with his fingertips. Marinette let out a deep breath and sat up. "I should go." She said as she stepped out of the bed and started gathering her clothes. 

Adrien sat up and leaned on both his arms. "Back to Luka." He mumbled annoyed under his breath. Marinette shook her head and put on her pants and bra. "Yeah indeed." She said as she reached out to him and gave him a peck. "And you should get back to your wife." She told him. 

Adrien huffed. "She's out tonight so it doesn't matter." Marinette put on her blouse and looked at him. "Again?" Adrien nodded his head and hummed. Marinette let out some air and turned her back to him again. She hear him move behind her, get closer, and before she knew it his arms were around her waist, holding her tightly. 

He nuzzled his nose into the neck as she moved her head to give him access. "What we're doing is wrong, kitty." She whispered. "Please don't" He mumbled as he nibbled on her skin. Marinette shook her head and pushed him away, getting up. "We can't keep doing this! I'm getting married next week." She yelled to him. 

Adrien ran a hand through his hair and reached for his pants. "Yeah, I know. Thanks for the invitation btw." He replied coldly. 

Marinette turned around and sighed. "Please don't be like that." She warned him but Adrien just chuckled. "How can I not?" He started to raise his voice. He looked into her eyes and saw tears appearing and he knew he had to calm down. "Marinette, you know I love you." He stepped closer to her. "And I know you love me too. We're made for each other. I wanna be with you." He said, placing his hands on both her cheeks. 

"I do love you but you know it's not that easy. Hawkmoth is still active, you're married and I'm engaged." She told him, placing her hand on his and gently removing it. "Princess, you know my marriage was arranged. My father just choose a girl he thought was right for me and I had to marry her! I don't even love her and, hell, I don't even know the color of her eyes." 

Marinette bit her lip. "Adrien, please! Don't make this even more difficult." She exclaimed, grabbing her bag and coat. "This was the last time we did this. We have to stop it! I'm getting married to Luka and you're gonna try to make the best of it with your wife." She told him with heavy breathing as a tear slipped out of her eye. 

She quickly wiped it away and turned to him one last time. "I'll see you then." She said, reaching for the door but he stopped her by grabbing a hold of her wrist. "So you're just gonna ignore the feelings we have for each other? You can really do that?" 

Marinette sighed and let her arms drop beside her. "We'll have to. It's to keep each other safe. Believe me." She looked into his eyes and saw the pain in his eyes, matching hers. She sucked her bottom lip, trying to keep in her tears. She walked closer and reached up to place a kiss on his cheek before pulling away. She got face to him and gently whispered. "I'm so sorry." 

She gave him one last look before turning around and opening the door. And without even looking back, she closed the door behind her, leaving Adrien utterly heartbroken in his room.

This couldn't just be it, right? 

Don't cheat, kids. It's bad!

anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! Part 2 will be online soon :)

Word count: 1236