08 - lovers? 🪩🧸

Found this poem on TikTok and I had the idea of this one shot :)

06.14.2022

Probably friends,
Possibly lovers,
But definitely not nothing.

That's my relationship with Louis Tomlinson.

I've always known I liked him in a different way than all of my other friends. I wasn't afraid to admit that. I like boys.

Harry Styles likes boys.

It was hard to accept for the first year after realizing but once I came out in year eight, I realized that my family cares about me.

They love me.

Louis however, he's my best friend. I could never imagine telling him that I have different feelings for him than he has for me.

I can't lose him. He's the light of my life. The sun that I orbit. The star in the middle of the night that shines brighter than all of the other ones.

He's the reason I'm here.

He saved my life and I will forever be grateful for that.

He's everything to me.

- - - - -

07.03.2022

"Stop it Harry." Louis says with a smile.

His laugh rings in my ears.

His lips look plump and red, begging to be kissed.

Kiss him Harry. Just do it.

I shake my head from the thoughts. He would be so confused, then disgusted, then he would leave.

We're in my living room watching the telly. Something inside of me caused me to leap across the sofa and tickle his sides, the most ticklish part of his body.

His gorgeous, gorgeous body.

"Harry!" Louis calls underneath me in a fit of giggles.

I can see two little craters beside his mouth when he smiles. His eyes squint, causing creases to appear on the corners of his eyes. His laugh. The laugh that I want to hear for my teenage years. I want to hear that laugh when I confess my feelings for him and he tells me he feels the same. I want to hear that laugh when we go to prom together and I 'show off my dance moves' but fail miserably. I want to hear that on our wedding day when I somehow trip over my own feet walking down the isle. I want to hear that when our child's face is covered in frosting on their first birthday party. I want to hear that laugh when we surprise our teenager with a car for their sixteenth birthday. I want to hear that laugh when we're old and aware we're nearing the end, reminiscing on the good days. I want to hear that laugh when I enter heaven to see the love of my life waiting for me with open arms. I want to hear that laugh for eternity.

We're closer than I thought, only a few inches separating our lips. Separating a disaster bound to happen.

I stop ticking his sides and a serious look takes over my features.

My fingers reach out for his face and delicately trace his temple, pushing small strands of hair out of the way. My eyes glance down to his lips as I subconsciously lick my own. I hear him inhale a sharp breath, eyes going wide as he stares back at me.

His eyes, his beautiful light blue eyes that shine right into mine. They practically project the sunlight when they look at me.

Fucking hell this boy will ruin me.

I take in a shaky breath of air, and I try to stop myself from leaning forward, but I can't. I inch closer to his face with every second that passes.

However, the sound of the front door opening echos throughout the house and I lean away from Louis and return back to previous my position, hearing my mum's voice call through the hallway.

"Harry I'm home." She says but then her gaze locks on us. "Oh, hi Louis. I didn't know you were here. Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Sure." Louis smiles again.

That damn smile.

- - - - -

08.26.2022

Louis and I have grown closer over the past few weeks. (If that's even possible.)

We've fallen into those same situations that happened on my couch rather often believe it or not. However, before anything happens, be both realize that we are friends.

Purely platonic.

Although, it doesn't feel like that much anymore.

Partly platonic seems about right.

I've caught Louis gazing at me a few times. Once I watched as his eyes fell from my eyes to my mouth, back to my eyes and he licked his lips.

God, I wanted to kiss him so bad in that moment. But, I restricted myself. I couldn't ruin a perfectly good friendship just because I fell in love with my best friend. Never.

The thoughts played in my head again.

Probably lovers,
Possibly friends,
But definitely not nothing.

- - - - -

09.02.2022

A week has passed.

Louis has gotten distant.

He got a girlfriend.

Eleanor.

He's silent 60% of the time.

He hasn't made a joke in days.

He hasn't lifted his sleeves in two weeks.

He hasn't eaten a full, sit-down meal in a week.

The skin around his eyes don't crinkle when he laughs anymore.

His eyes don't shine nearly as bright.

Under his eyes is dark and baggy flesh throughout the day.

His skin is paler than usual.

I haven't talked to him in four days.

I won't lie and say it wasn't the worst pain finding out he loves someone that isn't me.

I'm still so bloody in love with him.

But I realized the love only went one way.

Our relationship was slipping through my fingertips.

Louis doesn't feel the same.

Louis likes girls.

Louis likes Eleanor.

Louis doesn't like me.

And quite frankly, neither do I.

The three thoughts chimed once more as I watch the couple in front of me walk down the hallway, their fingers interlocked between them.

Probably nothing,
Possibly friends,
But definitely not lovers.