Three

After my brother and Sherry got settle in the hospital room for the night. I took him out to explain everything that had happened. Apparently this girl they were helping with getting her life back togethers baby was at their house. She started vomiting and became nonresponsive. Then my brother said the fatale words he told the police. He said they couldn't get her to respond so he shook her to wake her up. Now me being a nurse. I know he wasn't shaking the baby but, using a stimulus check. When cops hear that. It's an automatic guilty plea.

We made a list of lawyers to call in the morning and I left so he could spend time with his family. I was so tired by the time I got home I had crashed hard. I didn't wake up until eleven. Which the only reason I had. Was because of Nelly ringing my door bell.

"Oh my hell Jennie. I'm so sorry. This is so awful." She had poured us a glass of wine and I nursed it while we spoke. "At Christmas time too."

"I know, this is just the beginning though. Court is going to be awful." I set my glass down on the table and held my head in my hands.

"Ok lets get your mind off of this for a minute." She started and I looked over at her. "I want to hear everything about the guy at the bar." A smile spread across my face. "Girl! You better not hold out on me."

"Nelly I haven't had a night like that ever." I started and she clapped her hands together. "Like the next morning I was sore walking. Like leg wabbly walking."

"Oh my gosh. This isn't you! I'm so proud you got down and dirty." I rolled my eyes.

"He's really a great guy from what I got from the short time we talked. He's a lawyer." I started and she smiled.

"Good, he makes good money then." I shook my head at her. "Go on."

"That's basically it. I had to turn down a date yesterday with him with what happened." She gave me a sad look. "So did anything happen with Devon?" I asked and was met with a blush.

"We've been texting and have a date planned for tonight." She bit her lip and I knew that look. She was absolutely infatuated.

"Great, I can't wait to hear all about it." We talked for a little while longer before she left to go shopping for a new outfit. I made my self comfortable and watched a Christmas movie on the couch. Dottie snuggled up with me and we fell asleep. I didn't wake up until the next morning. My body ached from sleeping on the couch.

I checked my phone and noticed I had a few messages from my mom. There was also one from Jason. I opened his up first and read it.

'So I don't want to bother you. But I know its Christmas Eve and all. But would you like to get breakfast?' I smiled. Breakfast is definitely a date I could do. I responded back to him.

"Breakfast would be perfect. Where should I meet you?' I texted before standing up and getting a good stretch. Dottie did the same and added a yawn.

'Herm's ok?' He questioned and I said that's perfect. And I'd see him in 30 minutes. I quickly went and got ready. Nothing to crazy. I brushed through my hair and put a bit of make up on before getting dressed. I fed Dottie before I left and headed for the restaurant. Town was pretty busy with everyone getting their last minute party things done before tonight. There was a gentle snow falling today and it was perfect for Christmas.

Pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant and finding a spot to park. Quickly grabbing my things and hopping out of my jeep. "So you're a Jeep girl are ya?" I heard from behind me. My grin widened as I turned around. Jason was wearing a green and blue flannel. He looked freaking delectable.

"Yes sir I am. Do you have a problem with that?" I asked and he shoved off the front of his truck. Before making his way over to me.

"Not in the slightest. I think I might have just found the perfect woman. She actually exists." I rolled my eyes at him as I laughed.