Chapter 2, Make room for Sorcha!

"Good morning my darling wife," Loki whispered softly as he kissed me awake.

I opened my eyes. Sunlight was streaming in through a gap in the curtains, and Loki was lying next to me, his eyes twinkling into mine.

"Hello there, husband of mine," I whispered sleepily.

Husband.

HUSBAND!

My eyes flew wide open.

"We're married!"

"Yes, we are," Loki grinned.

"WE'RE MARRIED!"

"Bit slow on the uptake there, darling, but yes," Loki agreed.

"Do you know what that means?"

"Copious amounts of sex?" Loki asked hopefully.

"Well, that too," I grinned. "But do you know what else it means? It means..."

I sat up in bed and threw my hands in the air. Loki raised an eyebrow in appreciation, I wasn't wearing anything.

"It means.." I thrilled, narrowly escaping his embrace as I hopped out of bed, promptly getting tangled in the sheets while doing so and nearly falling on my face.

"It means..." I sang again as I twirled around the room with my arms wide.

"It means you are going to sing and dance around the room naked every morning?" Loki laughed as he sat up in bed, "I wasn't aware that was a benefit of marriage, but if so, I'm all for it!"

"It means..."

"Oof," Loki exclaimed and fell back into the pillow as I tripped over my feet and landed right on top of him.

"What does it mean then, you absurd creature?" he grinned as he looked up at me.

"It means.... I'M A DISNEY PRINCESS!" I crowed jubilantly.

"Wha?!" Loki stared up at me in shocked surprise.

"How by Ygdrasill's gnarly roots did you come to that conclusion?"

I grinned and kissed him on his nose.

"I'm married to you, right? And you are Loki..."

For a moment Loki seemed to consider denying it. "I suppose I am... yes," he admitted cautiously.

"And Loki is owned by Marvel and Marvel is owned by Disney which makes Loki a Disney prince and thus I am now a Disney princess!"

"Did you sustain a head injury during combat last night?" Loki asked suspiciously.

"Move over Belle, Rapunzel and Leia, and make room for Sorcha!" I thrilled. "From now on mice will wash my dishes, birds will hang up my laundry and small rodents will dress me, or however Disney princesses get dressed," I proclaimed happily.

Loki tried to sit up, a horrified expression on his face. But I was still lying on top of him and he let himself fall back, his long hair spread out over the pillow around him like a black dandelion.

"Absolutely not!" He said after a moment. "As your husband, I forbid it. You will never mention this again."

"As your husband I forbid it?" I repeated as I pealed with laughter. "Did you really think that was going to work?"

Loki grinned back. "It was worth a try. I'm an eternal optimist and I'm not afraid to take a chance, no matter how unlikely its success."

He grabbed me and rolled me onto my own side of the bed, pinning me down beneath him.