Chapter 16, Everything is absolutely Gucci.

"You and you are coming with me tonight." Loki pointed at Thor and me. "Not you." He pointed at Jessie.
"Why not me?" Jessie asked curiously.
"Because you don't want to see what your stepfather does to your mother once he gets her on the dance floor. You would certainly need therapy for life," Loki grinned.
"Oh. Ewww," Jessie replied as she rolled her eyes.
"What was that?" I hadn't been paying much attention, I was engrossed in a book.
Loki sighed and shook his head, then looked up and grinned.
"You. Me." he pointed from me to himself and back. "When was the last time we danced?"
"This morning in the kitchen when I was trying to make breakfast because you liked the song on the radio," I smiled.
"Fair point, not what I meant."
"What did you mean?" I sighed as I put my book away.
"Get up and get dressed, darling. I'm taking you to the Tabula Rasa." Loki winked at me.
My eyes lit up. The Tabula Rasa was Ealdwic's nightclub, a highly exclusive establishment only open to the denizens of the Secret World, a place where we could be ourselves amongst those who understood our true nature.
That wasn't the reason for my excitement though.
A night at the Tabula Rasa meant a whole night where I got to admire my husband as he dominated on the dancefloor.
"Actually, give me a headstart," Loki grinned.
We both knew well enough by now it always took him longer to get ready to go out than the time I needed to get ready.
"Oh and I'll be getting dressed in the guest room. I have a surprise for you."
That was new and different. I wonder if it had something to do with whatever he had tailormade a while ago and had been so mysterious about.
I grinned as he bounded out of the room.
"Do you want to ask Sif if she wants to come along too?" I asked Thor.
Thor smiled but shook his head. "I spoke to her earlier, she thinks she might have a new lead on Beaumont's location. I doubt she's willing to let his trail go cold.
But I'll come along, it will distract me for an evening."

I gave Loki a half an hour headstart, I knew exactly what I wanted to wear and it wouldn't take me long to get ready.
I bought a new dress not so long ago, exactly for this occasion. The black fabric clung tightly in all the right places, the short skirt flaring out with even the smallest of moves. Dark green embroidery decorated the skirt, the tread shimmering in the light.
I looked at myself critically through smokey-lined eyes. The black high heels I wore made my long legs look even longer, and the dress drew attention to my curves in a way that would have made me blush a year ago. Now I simply smiled in satisfaction. Loki wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off me for the rest of the night!

Getting ready must have taken me longer than I thought I would, I could hear Loki's voice in the hallway.
"Ah, there you are, darling." Loki eyed me up and down, his eyes slowly lingering in appreciation.
Normally, I would have blushed or said something self-deprecating.
Instead, I just stood and stared at him in stunned silence.
Loki slightly widened his arms to show off what he was wearing, one eyebrow lifted, a self-assured smile playing around his lips.
"Is that...?" I finally managed to squeak. "That is... Did you...?"
Loki's smile grew wider as he turned around, shamelessly basking in my stupified admiration.
"Oh yes," he smiled his Cheshire smile.
I gave another squeal and jumped in his arms, showering his face with kisses, covering him in red lipstick.
"You didn't!" I breathed.
He swung me around. "Anything to please you, my darling," his eyes twinkled into mine.
"I don't see the big deal," Thor grumbled, feeling he was left out somehow.
"As long as the lady loves it, your opinion is of no consequence to me." Loki's stunningly blue eyes were still smiling into mine, making it impossible to breathe.
"You look like you are heading for a funeral!" Thor began to grin.
"You look amazing," I sighed, ignoring Thor. "I can't believe you did this!"
"No wait, I've got it! You look like a witch!" Thor laughed.
Slowly the penny dropped.
"Huh. You look just like in the Ragnarok movie, the part where they visit Midgard.... Ooooooh."

After Thor's arrival, we watched the Marvel movies multiple times, and it had not escaped Loki that I had a fascination with the black Gucci suit Tom Hiddleston had worn during several scenes in that movie. It had become something he had teased me with on occasion, jokingly claiming that the only one who'd possibly be able to get me to leave him would be Tom dressed in that black suit.
I might have suggested a few times Loki could dress similarly, which was always met with a disdainful, "Darling, that was years ago, fashion has moved on since."
It seemed that for some reason Loki had changed his mind, and I suspected it may have been just to please me.