Chapter 6, Frigga's Well.

It will come as no great surprise to you that we set out for Frigga's Well the next day. Loki trusted Doc Lee and his team enough to leave them alone in the hold for a day, and we were all more than a little curious to see what we would find.

"How do we make sure we don't get lost in the forest?" I asked. "None of us is in need of aid."

Loki summoned a dagger and grinned deviously. "I can alter that fact quite easily!"

"Or I can pound your face in with my hammer," Thor threatened back, knowing well enough that I wouldn't be the one on the receiving end of Loki's dagger.

"It was merely a jest, brother," Loki said hastily as the dagger disappeared in thin air. "I can cast a spell that summons a guiding trail to where we need to go. We've both been here before, once the guardians recognise us for who we are we should not be turned away."

Loki concentrated and a green glowing trail of light appeared before us. The forest was beautiful even in winter, and despite the snow on the ground the air felt warm and we could hear birds singing in the trees.

The closer we got to our goal, the warmer the air became, until the snow disappeared and the grass was green instead. Flowers of various shades and hues grew all around us, and I felt a similar sense of contentment as I always got near an Agartha portal.

"It smells like mother," Thor stopped to inhale the scent of the flowers.

"It feels like her too," Loki smiled.

"It's Her son!"

"And Her other son!"

"It's Thor!"

"It's Loki!"

"And they brought us a mortal to play with!"

Suddenly at least a dozen tiny voices came from between the trees, and before I could even begin to ready my magic we were surrounded by a myriad of fairies, their wings iridescent in the sunlight.

"It is alright, they won't hurt you," Loki reassured me. "They are mischievous, but not malicious."

I sighed in relief and let go of the anima I was holding. I hadn't forgotten the Nix and Nixies.

"Fairies! Bah, I hate fairies!" Thor grumbled as he tried to shoo them away with his hands.

The fairies fluttered around us, pulling the band out of my ponytail and started to braid my hair with flowers.

"It's easier to just let them," Loki grinned, his own hair already sporting multiple braids with flowers woven in.

"Leave me alone! Touch my beard and I'll..." Thor was trying to dodge and slap away the fairies around him to no avail.

"Just let them, brother, they just wish to make merry! They are gladdened by your presence!" Loki laughed, but Thor was not listening.

"As a matter of fact, making merry sounds wonderful to me right now, I may just join them," Loki said as he conjured himself a flute and skipped ahead, a flock of fairies dancing around him.

I smiled as I watched him go. I was tempted to join him too but decided to follow him at my own pace so I could keep an eye on Thor. I couldn't imagine any harm befalling Loki in this place.

"Thor, stop that!"

I picked up a fairy that had been zapped by a tiny lightning bolt. The fairy sat in my hand for a moment, shook their head groggily, gave me a tiny kiss as thanks and flew away.

"They are touching my beard!" Thor growled. He turned around. There weren't just flowers and braids in his long blond locks, they decorated his beard as well. I burst out in laughter before I could stop myself.