¹⁵' 𝐒𝐎 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂

(ʚɞ)ROMEO. . . !
˚◞ʚ♡ɞ﹅۰ ۰ ۰ 一 CHAPTER 15
REAL LIFE

❝ 𝙎𝙊 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙋𝘼𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙏𝙄𝘾 ❞

april 26, 2021

juliette sat atop dennis' bed, with the taste of guilt on her tongue. it's been a week since the events of april seventeenth, and the girl has felt nothing but the sense of betrayal. she knew that she had to tell her boyfriend about the kiss, and she only hoped and prayed that he wouldn't come to hate her.

she moved to a criss-cross position in front of the boy on his bed, running a hand through her hair nervously. "dennis, i have to tell you something," she begins, looking down at her hands.

the boy, whose attention was currently elsewhere, responds with a hum. he doesn't bother to look up from his phone, nor give juliette the idea that he was actually listening. yet, the girl continues anyways. "do you promise to not get upset or mad with me?"

again, the boy hums, and juliette sighs. she's noticed recently that he was always typing away at his phone when they were together. it bothered her more so than most things he did, and she was tired of it.

"dennis?" for the third time, he hums. "hello," she calls out, and yet still nothing. "god, can't you at least acknowledge the fact that i'm right here in front of you?" juliette reached to take his phone, rather rudely he thinks, and sets it facedown beside her.

he looks at her for the first time in that moment, with a look of defeat and annoyance. "you could've taken it gently," he mumbles out, rolling his eyes.

"and you could've given me your full attention for five fucking minutes. you're always focused on other things, when we're together."

"i'm sorry...?" it comes out as more of a question than a statement, and the sincerity, that once danced off his tongue when he spoke, was no longer there.

"are you though? because to me, it doesn't seem like you even care to hangout anymore." she moves from her position on the bed, so she's now standing in front of him. she crosses her arms and leans on her side, giving him a cold stare. juliette stands waiting for a response, but sighs when he just sits there.

there's a question that forms at the tip of her tongue, and she contemplates asking it. she's scared of his answer, petrified even, because it could all go south. she takes a deep breath and let's it slip off her tongue.

"do you still love me?"

she looks towards him and waits patiently for his response, watching as he averts his gaze. the boy bites his tongue and shakes his head, letting a smirk form on his lips. dennis looks back towards her, letting out a laugh. "i don't think i ever did love you, juliette."