Kali (Kion) confronted by a pridelander

Many days had past and Janja was now being extremely cautious about kali and who knows he exists.

Janja didn't know Kali's backstory, no one did, but he knew Kali was his secret weapon and he should not be known about by most. Perhaps Jasiri told the lion guard about kali, perhaps the secret was blown... He just didn't know.

Kali, on the other hand, was desperate to be of help. Ever since the Jasiri incident, he had barely seen anyone apart for Janja. However, this was about to change...

Kali had successfully hunted food and was dragging it back to the clan when he heard a noise. 

He turned around, listened to any sounds, and turned around again. 

------Nothing------

He began to cautiously drag his food again before --CRASH-- he was suddenly pinned down by a frowning cheetah!

"WHo thE HelL ArE yOU!?" Kali exclaimed in a mixture of shock and panic to the aggressor.

"Me? I'm Fuli! And what the hell is a lion doing in the outlands?!

"Living my life! Kali retorted, then it struck him, his cover was blown! 

"And who are you?" Fuli whispered aggressively. She already knew.

"I... I am... ummm" Kali didn't want his name known by this cheetah but what else was he meant to say? No, he had a better reply. "I am... A lion in the outlands! and what are you doing on my turf?"

"You haven't answered my question!" 

"My turf, my question." he said bluntly.

"fine, well I'm kinda lost... So I wont be leaving here without help." Fuli admitted slowly.

"Filthy Pridelander..." Kali muttered under his breath. "If you let me up then I can help you to be gone."

"Well that would be stupid wouldn't it! You would just try to kill me!" She snarled. "So Jasiri was not lying about a lion cub in the outlands!"

"Well then... I guess your gonna have to either trust an outlander or pin me down until we die!"

"You have an answer to everything don't you! and umm... fine, I'll let you up, but you had better get me home." She warned him and, without taking her eye's off him once, let him up before taking a defensive position.

kali rolled his eyes sarcastically. "You have trust issues."

"Thats sweet coming from you! the one who had an outburst from being called a pridelander!"

"I - will - kill - that - Jasiri!" kali muttered. "She must have told you!"

"You will do nothing of the sort! Whilst me and the lion guard here..." Fuli protested before holding her tongue. 

"So... your one of those 'lion guards' are you?" kali inquired slowly 

Fuli thought she should try to ease the tensions. 

"You know, we don't usually deal with stuff in the outlands, only keep you out of our land." She said.

"Then why did you get involved in our territory dispute with Jasiri?"

"She's an ally of the Pridelands. So allies protect allies." 

As they walked a sense of untrust was mutually in the air but for Fuli it soon turned to hope as she saw a familiar looking bird.

"ONO!" she cried as she ran over to the circling bird.

"Whats wrong?" A very annoyed kali asked mistaking what she said.

"Ono! Over here!" she called as she ran after the bird before re-entering the pridelands, abandoning Kali.

A minute later spotted her. "Beshte, Bunga, I've found her!" Ono called, "She's just left the outlands?

"Why was she in there?" Beshte asked

A voice came from behind him. "I got lost" Fuli had already made it to them.

"but thats not the wildest part!" she sighed. "You know that lion Jasiri was talking about?"

"That lion called Kali?" Bunga asked.

Fuli realised in the heat of the moment she never asked that lion his name. "Well he's real!"