Is this the pridelands?

Kali woke up slowly to find a familiar face staring at him.

"It wasn't just a dream..." Kali muttered. "Oh... your Fuli right?"

"So? what do you do in the outlands?" Fuli asked nodding.

"Why aren't you being mean to me?" 

Fuli was still stunned by the cubs reaction.

"Why would we be?" 

"You attacked me."

"That was a mistake, and I am sorry for that... but now we must understand each other, kali. like you past?"

Kali just stared at her.

"Cmon! Like what's your connection to Janja?" Fuli asked.

"You don't care for Janja..." Kali squealed.

"You know what... I may not care directly for him..." Fuli spoke slowly, "But I understand how much you do..."

"Can I go home?" 

"No... but why is it your home? When did you arrive there?"

"But I've done nothing against you..." kali muttered.

Kali's spirit seemed broken. He didn't have as much spark as before and Fuli could see that.

"Look, the sooner the king knows what to do with you, the sooner you can go."

"F- fine. I've been there all my life. Janja raised me but then you stole me." Kali mumbled barely audible.

"That's brilliant kali! Now was that hard?" She felt accomplished in getting him to talk, however, Fuli felt guilty for him.

Kali got up and noticed his wound was no longer bleeding. 

"Well then... Where is this?" He looked up at Fuli with a mix of fear and anxiety.

"If you want a tour, I guess I could show you around." Fuli said, "But don't you even think about running!"

"ok." 

Later Nala caught sight of Fuli and Kali, so she wandered close.

"How are you doing Kali?"

Once again Kali just stared at Nala without opening his mouth.

Nala thought it reminded her of something. 

"Stop doing that... you remind me of someone long gone..." She said mainly to herself.

"Oh... Sorry." 

"Why aren't you mad at us anymore?"

Kali looked at the ground.

"You saved me. I was about to die." 

Fuli noticed how much easier it was for Nala to get a response out of the cub but didn't say anything.

"So where are you going?" Nala asked

"I was just giving a tour of the pridelands. Cause he will be here for a while. 

Kali gave a quiet wimper of which Nala heard.

"Oh kali... please embrace your time here! The pridelands is really not that bad." 

"Oh."

As they walked in a three, Nala kept staring at the cub. There was something about him she couldn't figure it out.