Who is Kali?

Kali awoke from an unconscious state just to see two older lions talking to Rafiki and the others.

"Fuli, you see, he could be one of "those" lions..." The male lion said, "We must be careful."

"But... But then why did he help me earlier?" Fuli asked, defending the lion cub.

Just then it dawned on kali, where was Janja?

"where's Janja?" Kali muttered whilst sitting up.

"He's awake!" Fuli exclaimed.

"Alright kali... We need answers..." The male lion stated.

Kali didn't know where he was or who was talking to him so he remained aggressive.

"I said, where's Janja?" Kali asked, staring the older lion in the eyes.

"If you must know... I kicked him out of my land personally!" The lion replied triumphantly.

"You what!" kali exclaimed, fearing the worst.

"Don't worry, he's fine... anyway, who are you?" The lion said.

"Who are you?" Kali replied stubbornly.

The lion was indeed King Simba and he knew how to get answers out of people - patience.

I am King Simba of the Pridelands. This is my mate and Queen of the Pridelands, Nala, and this is Rafiki!" Simba said, "Now, who are you?"

"Uhhhh..." Kali started, "Well I'm not allowed to tell that... soooo, uhhh... Next question?"

This got Simba annoyed but Nala quicky intervened.

"Janja and anyone else won't ever know, little one, but could you possibly tell us what you're doing in the Outlands? And you name? Nala asked calmly 

Kali thought about it for a minute before slowly muttering, "I am Kali..." ]

He then looked away from them.

"Kali, do you know any other lions?" Nala asked.

Everyone stared at Kali as he replied, "Umm, you?" 

Simba really disliked the unhelpful responses by the cub.

"So you don't associate with anyone but Janja and his crew?" He asked, attempting to get a straight answer out of him.

"What no! Of course not! They are only you Pridelanders" Kali scoffed, however, instead of being offended by his remark, all the Pridelanders blew a sigh of relief.

"Thats wonderful, kali!" Nala exclaimed, "But who are you then? Like whats your history?"

Kali froze. No one knew his history, even Janja... Even him!

"Ummm.... Uhhhh.... I. I don't have any..." He muttered barely audible.

"Oh Cmon! Everyone has a history!" Bunga shouted.

Kali was noticeably shaking at this point. He feared for his life.

Nala had a thought which she couldn't remove from her head. She got Simba and Rafiki to a corner to talk.

"Is he..." Nala could barely say his name, "Is the Kion?"

 Simba just stared back at her but Rafiki spoke up, "Nala... Da odds of that are so low..." 

"But if not, who else" she muttered hopefully.

"We must access him closely for now. And not on any condition let him leave the pridelands until we know his situation!" Simba exclaimed a bit to loudly.

"I CANT LEAVE?!" Kali shouted as he panicked severely, "NO! PLEASE! You... You can't do this to me..."

His words seemed to fade as he started to hyperventilate!

"Kali!" Simba and Fuli shouted as kali went unconscious. 

"He needs rest. Now lion guard, leave, I need to talk to the royalty in private! Rafiki ordered.