Chapter 13: The Annoying Father and Tacos

~Still Flashback~

Jesse's POV

"Are you okay?" I say, the moment I saw Beca's speechless expression. Jaw dropped.

She didn't look at me and keep her eyes there and say, "m-my.." Her voice trailed off.

What is she talking about? Is she shocked that I gave her a hint of her that I love her?

"What?" I asked, following her eyes to where she's looking at.
She was looking behind my back and I turned around and my eyes fall on..

Holy shit, her dad is here.

To be honest, my jaw dropped too. But I don't understand why Beca has to be so surprised that her dad is here. It's just a coincidence, nothing's wrong with that, right?

"What's wrong with.." I say as I turned around to face Beca but she was no where to be found.
"Beca?" I said.

"Shhh!" I heard someone hushed. And I already know who that is.

"Where are you?" I asked.

I felt someone pinched me in the leg and that's when I hissed in pain.

"Oww!" I hissed.

"I'm right here. Now shut your mouth before my dad sees me." She whispered, loudly.

Great. What a clever decision to hide under the table, Rebeca Mitchell.

"What's wrong with your dad being here?" I asked, kneeling down under the table.
She's sitting down on the floor with her arms wrapped around her knees.
"Hey.." I say as she looked up to me and I saw her nervous eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked, surprised.

"Shoo!" She says, shooing me off.

"What-" I said but I got cut off

"Go and sit down before my dad sees me!" She whispered.

"What is wrong with your-" I tried to argue with her but she cuts me off again.

"Are you crazy?" She paused. "I said get back there."

"I'm not the one who's sitting under the table without a reason. Now tell me." I said, looking on her eyes.

She stares at my eyes like she's mesmerized by it. But I swear I am more melting on her gorgeous eyes.

"Just, shut up. I'll tell you later." She groaned, looking away at my eyes in annoyance.

"B-but.." I trailed off.

"Go. Away." She say, with gritted teeth, shoving my face using her hand.

"Fine." I said, sitting back to my seat.

As I sat down to my seat again, I looked around and saw Mr. Mitchell, at the counter, buying something.
I just stared at him. And as soon as he's finished buying food, he turned around and my eyes met his. Shit.

He stared at me and I immediately looked away. I cursed under my breath and continue to eat my tacos.

*knock knock*

The table knocks. Followed by a voice saying, "where is he?"

"He just finished buying food at the counter." I paused. "I think he saw me."

"What?!" Beca almost yelled below the table.

"Sorry, I was looking around and-" I said but she cut me off.