Chapter 8: An Amazing Afternoon at the Radio Station

Jesse's POV

I enter the door and dropped my laptop on my desk and walk to the CD's or should I say, albums I obsessed with.

As I was searching through the CD's, a man's voice interrupted me.

"You're here early." A hoarse voice said.

I looked around and saw Luke, with his crossed arms.

"I don't have class today." I say.

"Oh." He said, "where's Beca?"

"I don't know." I say.

"What why? I thought you two are a couple." Luke said.

And by the thought of us as a couple, made me smile.

But I know it's impossible.

I would never forget what she told me.

"No. We'll never will be." I whispered the last sentence and I think he heard it because I saw him flinch.

"Did you ask her?" He asked.

"I was about to." I said simply.

And that's when the door burst open.

"Hey Luke." A voice too familiar to me interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey Becky." Luke smiled.

Beca's here?

Ugh.

As much as I want to turn around, I can't. I don't know why. I guess I'm not ready to face her yet after what happened last midnight.

Let's just say I'm not ready to face her just as my 'friend'

"Hey Jesse." I heard her voice from behind me and I smiled.

Should I turn around? Of course.

It's better to do it than doubt it.

I turned around and saw her, with a grey top, blue and black checkered-cardigan and shorts.

Shorts? She never wore shorts before. She always wear pants like a rebel she is.

Why is she wearing shorts? Is there someone she wants to impress? By the thought of it, it made me jealous whoever that man is.

But by the sight of Beca before me, she looked hot and I loved it.

"Hi Beca." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"So, what are you guys up to?" She says, changing the subject.

"Not much." Luke says. "I really think Jesse here is depressed as heck."

Great. Now what do I do? Way to go, Luke.

"Movie nerd is depressed?" Beca said, raising an eyebrow with a grin on her face. "Why?"

"No I'm not." I fake laughed.

"Oh really?" She asked.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Whatever you say." She smirked. "Oh yeah, Luke? Here's my new mix." She said, getting something from her bag. A flash drive and handing it to Luke.

"Wow. Already? Deadline's tomorrow. Incase you don't know." Luke says, smiling ridiculously as he took the flash drive from Beca.

"I know. I just wanted it to be early because I finished it already. Want to give it back?" She smirks at Luke and motioned her hands to give it back.

"Nah, just kidding. Now excuse me while I go to my booth and listen to it." He grinned at the flash drive. "By the way, you should cheer the movie nerd up. He's too quiet and depressed." He says, grinning and walking towards his booth. He entered and close the door.