Chapter 3

Summer is over and school is back in session. However monster laws are now reinstated which means no Prawn for zombies, I figured, but Addison and Bree venting to me about it confirmed just enough for me. On the bright side, we aren't sending them back to the basement or kicking them off teams!

I'm walking with Eliza though, as we come up on Addison and Zed fighting in favor of the other in terms of Prawn. "Ugh, you guys even fight like a perfect couple." Eliza rolled her eyes. She's not wrong though.

Addison giggles, "How's it going you two?" "Just organizing some routines for cheer practice this week" I stretched, tired at the thought of it all. "Meanwhile, you know, fighting injustice is keeping me busy." Eliza pitches in.

"And looking good doing it, Zom-bae." Addison compliments Eliza as they do a little handshake, "And [Y/N], you're amazing! If you need any help with the routines, let me know!" "Be careful, I might take you up on that offer!" I laugh, definitely tempted. I'm struggling with this routine I want us to get down.

"Addison! [Y/N]!" We all look in the direction of our names being called, to see Bucky and Jacey on the other side walking by. "Time to officially nominate me as president!" Bucky called to us as he went back to talking to Jacey who was taking notes. I can see the jazz hands and sparkles from here.

I turn to Addison who is rolling her eyes, clearly tired of Bucky's stance "Cheer could be so much more than just pom-pomming for Bucky." " I mean, it is different for each person, Addison." I say shrugging it off. I'm not as cheerleading obsessed as them, it's simply a hobby.

I can understand where she's coming from, cheerleading has always been her passion and can be used for great things, but it's not the same for everyone. It's not my passion, but I enjoy what I do and seeing it come to life on stage by all of them.

"Uh, Addison!" We heard a chirpy voice come from behind us, "Once we're cheer captain, you are so off the team." Addison is quick to retort, "And once I'm cheer captain, you'll be welcome to stay, because I'll be making cheer about bringing people together." Lacey and Stacey laugh, " That was awful trash talk." "I know right?" Lacey turned back to Addison and I, "You will never be cheery captain, freak. However [Y/N], you're a close second to being booted off the team as manager-" I cut off Lacey, "Trust me, in the case of that event, I'd boot myself off the team." Lacey and Stacey stiffen for a second before continuing, "Only makes our job easier then!"

With that, Addison, the two Aceys, and I are off, "See ya".

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all stand in the main hall of Seabrook high, as the Principal stands in front, above us all, behind a podium. "Okay, are there any more nominees for president?" The students quiet down as the Principal goes on about how being part of the student council means that they get to hang. She continues on and on making it worse and fills the room with a sort of awkwardness.

As the Principal tries to come up with a complicated high five, the band starts playing from the stairs behind, while banners of Buck from above unravel. Clapping and hollers fill the room as everyone turns to the current cheer captain, making a safe path for him to perform his stunts. He even pretends to go in for a high five with the principal before pulling his hand away. Now that was just cruel.

He speaks into the microphone, "Great news, we have a brilliant and cheer tested candidate running for president this year. Me!" The students all chant for Bucky as confetti rains down. With a moment's notice, the cheering slowly quiets down as we hear grunts and thuds, only to see Zed falling and rolling down the stairs. Zed takes off in the air and lands behind Bucky, who is still waving to the crowd unaware of the zombie behind him.