Chapter 6

"Nothing that you should be worried about. Now I need you to come with me to the hospital. "

My face paled.

"What? Why? "

He sighed.

"I can't be here any longer and I need you to tell me what happened so I can help you. And if there is anything major happening in the story, I'll need to take a look at it. So I need you to come with me, please. "

I moved my leg up and down, a habit when I'm nervous, and started to think about it. If I go with him, I'll have to tell him everything. If he finds out about what happened, he'll tell the police, and I'll be in a foster home. If I escape from him, he might not catch me and I can run from this neighborhood. There were a lot of thoughts running through my head that I didn't pay attention to that Dr. Miller was snapping his fingers in front of my eyes.

"Eva, are you there?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Dr. Miller frowning and then smiling again.

"Welcome back from daydreaming. How are you feeling?"

"Umm... confused."

"It's OK, so do you have an answer to my request?"

"Request?"

"You were coming with me to the hospital, did you forget?"

"Oh... That... I didn't forget. I'm just not sure about going. "

I looked down and I felt him smiling at me.

"Eva, I told you I wouldn't do anything until I knew the whole story. Don't be afraid, nothing is going to happen there or anything. Just trust me on this one, ok? "

I bit my lip and got nervous.

"Just promise me something."

"What?"

"You'll not make me do anything by force; not talk, not check up, and definitely not go anywhere other than the office."

"I promise."

He got up from the floor he was sitting on. I got off the couch and he opened the door of the living room for us to go to the car. I first had to say goodbye to Miss Dursilla because she let me sleep on the bed and gave me hospitality even though I didn't feel safe around her. I, then, got out of the orphanage and into the car with Dr. Miller and Jack.

Our car ride to the hospital was silent and tense. I kept looking through the window, and without noticing, my eyes dropped and I fell into a deep slumber.

"Eva, we are here."

I felt someone shake me awake, and I panicked and got away from them, only to be hit on the head by the roof of the car.

"Ow"

"Shit, are you OK? I didn't mean to scare you. "

I looked at the person talking and saw Dr. Miller. I rubbed the spot that was hurting on my head and got out of the car.

"I'm fine, it just hurts a bit."

"Can I check it out?" "Just to be sure."

I nodded my head and he checked the spot.

"Thank God it's nothing major. I'll give you ice packs at the office. Sorry if I startled you. It was not my intention."

"It's OK."

"Let's go inside."

Dr. Miller locked the car, and we went inside the hospital through the door. I kept wowing at how the hospital looked. At least this part of it. It had lots of cartoon characters and animations for the kids. I remembered that he told me that he treats kids and teenagers. That would explain why the hallways are so colourful and beautiful.

After a few turns, we reached the office. Dr. Miller got the keys and opened the door. I waited for him to tell me to come in. As if he read my thoughts, he told me to come in. I entered his office and it was almost plain, if it wasn't for the desk, papers, couch, and refrigerator.

"My office isn't the best, but it's alright. There is food in the fridge if you want it. I don't know if you had breakfast or not. And as you can see, I have no chair because I prefer the couch or the floor. "

He chuckled and smiled.

"Feel free to sit anywhere, and when you are ready, you can tell me your story. In the mean time, how do you like the hospital so far? "

He asked as I sat on the couch.

"It's beautiful. It doesn't scare any kids when they come. I liked it. "

"That's a good start. Now, would you like to tell me what happened to you? "

Here comes the question that I was escaping from.

"I'm not ready to say it yet."

I looked at the ground.

"Is it that you don't want me to be the one asking? Would you like a female, maybe? You can talk to my sister. You can talk to her if you are uncomfortable telling me. "

I looked at him.

"Is she a doctor?"

He chuckles.

"No, I'll give you my phone to call her, and I'll be outside for privacy. I'll call her right now to tell her, Is that OK with you?"

I nodded my head and looked around the room. He made the call and explained the situation to his sister, and she agreed to talk to me. Dr. Miller didn't say anything about his family, so I was wondering if he had any other siblings.

" Thank you, sis."

He gave me the phone and said

"When you're finished, just knock or shout, okay? "

I nodded my head and took the phone from him.

"Hello"

"Hello Eva, how are you sweetie?"

I saw Brian getting out of the room and closing the door behind him.

"I'm fine."

"My name is Jane Miller. I'm Brian's older sister. Now, can you tell me what happened to you? You can stop when you need to and you can cry if you want to. I'll be here with you, so don't worry, ok? "

"Umm.. OK."

I told her all. I told her everything. I didn't skip any details or any bad words that were said to me. She listened to me through it all, and now she is trying to calm me down because I'm sobbing. How can you not cry after telling someone, for the first time, that something like that happened?

I heard her telling me to let Brian in, and I tried my best to shout. He, luckily enough, heard me and opened the door with a smile, but it was dropped when he saw me crying.