Chapter 26

Eva's pov:

It was dinner time and we all gathered to eat on the table. Brian sat at the head of the table and the rest of us sat on the other chairs. I was in his right and Jane was on his left.

We were eating silently until Brian talked.

"Well, now that the funeral is done, and you guys already packed your stuff, I wanted to say that tomorrow is moving day. It means that you are going to go to a new orphanage not far from here. Although, some of you will be sent to other places because of the huge number. I don't know who will be here and who will leave but I do know that friends will not be separated. They will try as much as they can to keep friends together where ever you go. They will come with busses tomorrow at 8 AM. Make sure you guys are ready and awake by then. Alright?"

They all nodded their heads and went to thier rooms to get ready. Liam, Anna, Emily, and I stayed with Brian and Jane. We were sitting, trying to take in what Brian said.

" So that means that I won't see you again?"

Anna said with a sad face as she looked at us except Emily. Brian nodded his head sadly. She started to tear up and no minute later she started crying. It broke my heart because we were all going to miss each other. We stood up and made a group hug.

"I'll never forget you guys."

Emily said.

I nodded as I tried to brush off my tears.

"Me too. You guys are my only friends. I'm glad that I met you all."

I said.

We broke the hug and everyone went to his or her room. Next morning, we all woke up very early to pack the rest of the bags. Everyone of us checked his or her bedroom one more time to check that we took everything we needed.

I, however, didn't have a lot. So, I took my bag and went downstairs. Some kids already left, so just half of the people were here. I went and sat in the kitchen with Brian and Jane as they talked.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"Yes, Jane. I'm sure. We will be fine. If there's something wrong, I'll call you. Don't worry."

Jane came over to me and hugged me.

"I'll see you soon, Eva, after you settle down."

I nodded my head and she left after saying bye to my friends. My friends came and sat with me and Brian in the kitchen. We sat in a comfortable silence till the last bus came.

We all walked out the door. I looked at Liam to see if he was ok. For my surprise, he wasn't sad. On the contrary, he was smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Just... Thinking"

I gave him a questioned look.

"About?"

"Mum"

"Oh Li"

I smiled to him.

"She's watching you, you know."

"Ya I know."

We walked Anna and Emily to the bus.

"So, I guess this is it."

"I guess so"

We teared up and hugged as a group with tears running down our faces. We heard the bus honking for them to go, so we broke the hug.

"Goodbye Eva. Goodbye Liam. Goodbye Brian."

Anna and Emily said.

I waved to them as they left in the bus. I wiped my tears and went with Brian to the car. Brian sat in the driver's seat and Liam and I sat in the back. Brian drove us to his house.

Our house.

My house.

I didn't ever think that I was going to escape from my parent's house. I never thought I'll ever be able to have a family; or have friends ; or have a brother, father, and aunt.

Life was always hard for me. I never liked it. Now, I love everything I have. I have a home, a father, a brother, an aunt, a dog, and friends. I'm so grateful for Brian and Jane for helping me when I needed it the most. I'm thankful for Ms Dursilla, may her soul rest in peace, for taking me under her roof. I'm thankful to my friends for accepting me and wanting to be my friend.

I never thought I'll ever say this but I'm thankful for my ex father for throwing me out of the house. Without him doing that, I'll never be where I am today. With my new family and friends.

"Eva"

I heard Brian said. I got out of my daydream and looked at him. He had a worried expression. I looked around me and saw that we arrived at the house. It was 2 stories with a garden and a pool.

"When did we get here?"

"A few minutes. You were daydreaming."

I hummed. We got out of the car. I held Liam's hand. Brian went to the door and opened it.

"Welcome home!"

He said smiling. I heard a dog's bark from upstairs. It took a moment to come down and ran to Brian. He laughed and patted her head.

"Liam and Eva, this my dog Lexi."

I went to pat her head and she was happy as she wiggled her tail. I laughed at her cuteness. I looked at Liam and motioned him to pat her but her declined.

"Are you scared?"

He looked down embarrassed. Brian came next to him and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, she's very friendly. Here I'll help you."

Brian stood over Lexi and held her in her place. I took Liam's shaking hand and put it on her head. He started to pat her head as I removed my hand from his. She was smiling and wiggling her tail happily. Brian moved from her and soon Liam was playing with her and smiling.

Brian came next to me and said.

"What were you daydreaming about?"

I smiled.

"My future family"

Author's note:

That's it for my savior. I had fun writing it. I had my ups and downs. I didn't know it will end here, I thought there will more chapters than this, but it's ok. Thank you guys for 25k. Really it means a lot to me. Heads up for an epilouge 😁.
Thank you so much for the votes and comments. It was a long ride, but worth it. Love you guys ❤️