Chapter 16

Eva's pov:

"Is there something wrong?"

"Not at all Eva. There is something I want to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

"Have you ever thought about being adopted?"

I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"What?"

"I said-"

"I heard you"

"Well, have you?"

"Actually no, why?"

He looked at Jane and fidgeted with his fingers. He looked at me again and said.

"Umm... I was thinking about adopting a kid for a while and I took permission from miss Dursilla 2 or 3 weeks ago. She told me that she doesn't mind me talking to you about it."

"Wait... You want to adopt me?"

"You got straight to the point, but yes. I want to adopt you. Something clicked in my when I first saw you. I felt like I wanted to protect you and make you feel happy and safe. I know I have a lot of work and my job hours are awful and I'm barely home, but I'm willing to change all of that if you want me to adopt you. I care for you Eva and not only you will make be happy, but also you will make Jane happy. We both love you so much and are willing to do anything for you. Of course you have the right to say no, but if you say yes, I'll be happy to take you as my kid, my daughter, and my child. So what do you think?"

I stayed silent the whole time. I kept staring at him with surprise. I had tears form in my eyes and slide down my face. I've never had anyone care for me in years. I never thought that anyone would ever care or want to make me happy. I never in my life thought I'll have a happy ending.

When Brian and Jane came into my life, they changed it. They saw me at my worst and at my highest. They know what I'm scared of and what I'm not. Obviously, we will still get to know each other more, but the fact the the young doctor and his sister want to take me and adopt me is unbelievable. They'll be the first family to care for me after my brother died.

I came to reality when someone touched my face. I think I was daydreaming in my thoughts that I forgot I was crying and they were nervous about it. I looked at the one wiping my tears and saw that it was Brian. He was scared that I'll say no, but on the contrary, he doesn't know that I'm going to say yes.

"Earth to Eva. Can you hear me?"

He said.

"Ya, sorry I just zoned out."

I wiped my happy tears and looked at them.

"So what do you think?"

I looked at him confused and innocent like I dont know what he's talking about.

"About what?"

"Umm... Me adopting you."

He looked worried and I had to bit my smile.

"Oh, well, can you let me think about it?"

"Ya sure, I'll drive you to miss Dursilla now"

He got off the couch from beside me and got his keys.

"I'll meet you at the car. Jane can you help her?"

"Sure, Brian."

He left the room and I burst into laughter. Jane looked at me confused.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you laughing?"

"I'll only tell you if you help me in my mission and keep it a secret."

She smirked at me.

"What's in that pretty head of you?"

"I'm going to surprise him about me agreeing. I'll wait a week and then I'll tell him. You won't tell him anything and you're going to keep it a secret and if he asks you tell him that when I make up my mind I'll tell him"

Jane looked shocked and looked at me with happy tears. She came and hugged me.

"Thank you. You've no idea how much you made us both happy."

I hugged her back and then we both left the office and went to see Brian.

"What took you so long?"

He asked looking at us.

"Her leg still hurts her, so we walked slowly."

Jane replied.

"Alright, let's go. It's lunch time and I'm sure Liam is waiting for you."

"Yes let's go. Bye Jane."

"Bye Eva"

I got inside the car and he drove us to the orphanage. He stopped the car and didn't unlock the door.

"Brian, won't I go go inside?"

"Yes, I just need to know how much time you need so I can know the answer."

"I honestly don't know. When I do, I'll tell you, I promise."

"Ok"

He unlocked the door and got outside to help me inside. When we entered, Liam came and helped me to the living room.

"Bye Eva"

"Bye Brian."

Once he left, Liam looked at me weirdly.

"What's wrong?"

"Did something happen?"

"Yes, but I need to tell you all. So gather around and I'll tell you."

"I'll go get them."

It's gonna be hard telling them that I'm getting adopted. I've only been here a month and I already am so close with my friends. They are going to be sad that I'll be gone. But I'll visit them either way, so it's not a big deal. Now I just need to find out how to tell them the news.

"Ok. So now that we are all here, what did you wanna tell us?"

Liam said.

"Umm.."

I started fidgeting with my fingers on my leg and look down at it. I saw a hand on my thigh, and I looked up to see that its Emily's hand.

"Don't be nervous Eva, just tell us, we are your friends."

I nodded my head and looked around at them. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened my eyes again.

"I'm getting adopted."

After the bomb was dropped, there was silence in the room. I looked at them, and they were shocked to say the least. Anna was frozen, Liam had sad eyes that will be filled with tears soon, and Emily looked away.