Chapter 17

Eva's pov:

"I'm getting adopted."

After the bomb was dropped, there was silence in the room. I looked at them, and they were shocked to say the least. Anna was frozen, Liam had sad eyes that will be filled with tears soon, and Emily looked away.

My heart dropped at the sight of them. I felt bad that I told them the news.

"Please say something."

I pleaded.

Liam looked at me and his eyes were no longer sad, they were angry. He stood up, went to his room, and closed the door. My eyes teared up and before I know it, I was crying.

"When are you leaving?"

Anna asked.

"A week or so, I still didn't tell him."

She nodded her head.

"Are you going to visit us?"

"Of course I will. You guys are my only friends."

Anna came and hugged me tightly and we both cried in each other's arms. I looked at Emily and saw her crying silently, I reached my hand out to her, and we all made a group hug.

After a while, we broke the hug and each one of us sat on the couch.

" Do you think Liam will forgive me?"

"Don't worry, he'll come around. He just needs time to cope with the news. Now tell me who will adopt you?"

"Dr Brian Miller."

They both gasped.

"The young hot doctor who comes to pick you up for your appointments!?"

I laughed at their description.

"Yes. Him."

They screamed happily and Ms Dursilla came shouting.

"What is going on here!? Why are you screaming?"

They looked at me, and I looked at them. We stayed silent, and no one spoke.

"Are you going to tell me, or are you going to just stay there like a statue and get punished?"

"I told them that I'll be getting adopted miss."

"Oh, he asked you already?"

"Umm.. Yes, but I didn't tell him yet."

"When are you going to tell him?"

"In a week."

"Well then, untill you tell him, you're still under my roof, therefore you abide my rules and follow them. Don't forget your places young ladies. Now everyone go do her chores. Eva to my office."

We nodded our head. Emily and Anna went to do their chores, and I went to Ms. Dursilla's office. I got inside and closed the door. I stood in front of the desk and she sat on her chair and instructed me to sit. I sat down and looked at her.

"How are you Eva?"

"I'm good still taking it slowly to walk."

"I see. Are you excited about getting adopted?"

"Umm.. I don't know how to answer that."

"How so? It's either yes or no."

"It's kind of in the middle. I don't want to leave because of my friends, but at the same time I'm happy that I'll have a proper family this time. Brian is a nice and caring guy and his sister is sweet. I don't mind being her niece and his child, daughter, but at the same time, I don't want to leave my only friends. They helped me a lot and I'm grateful for them."

Ms. Dursilla stayed silent. She thought deeply about my answer. She sighed and spoke.

"Well, I need you to promise me something. Please don't break it and keep it a secret."

"Of course"

"I need you to promise me to never ever cut ties with Liam. I don't know if you noticed or not, but he likes you. He doesn't admit it, but I know my son. I heard him shut the door, so I take it that he didn't take the news well. I need you to make up with him. If he didn't make up with you, give him 2 days, he'll come around. I need you to promise me to keep this a secret. He doesn't know that I know that he likes you."

I stared at her shocked. Liam. Likes. Me. Me. I think I spaced out for a long time because Ms Dursilla shook me.

" Eva, are you ok?"

I nodded my head.

" Yeah, it's just a lot to take in. It's just that I like him as a brother, a friend nothing more. I don't want to break his heart. I promise that I'll keep it a secret. I'm just not sure how I'll make up with him."

"Just go talk with him normally. Now if you excuse me, I need to make lunch. This conversation doesn't leave the room. Don't tell anything to Anna or Emily."

"I understand."

We stood up and left the office. She went to make dinner in the kitchen and I went to Liam's room to make up with him.

Only to find him outside the door with tears in his eyes. I followed him to his room as he ran,but he closed the door in front of me.

*****

"Liam, can you please open the door? I wanna talk with you."

Silent.

"Liam please"

Silent.

5 minutes earlier

He looked at me with tears in his eyes. His eyes told me that he was heartbroken. I was afraid that he might have heard me and Ms Dursilla talking. He turned away from me, entered his room, and shut the door in my face.

Present

"Liam"

Silent.

"Can you please open the door so we can talk about it?"

Silent.

My heart broke when I saw him heartbroken. He didn't deserve this. I sighed and went downstairs to sit on the couch. The girls and Ms. Dursilla were in the kitchen making dinner.

"Don't worry Eva, he'll come around dear."

I nodded my head. The girls came and sat down with me on the couch. We all cuddled up and before I know it, I was fast asleep.

I woke up to someone tapping my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Liam's crying face shaking me to wake up.

" Li what's wrong?"

"M-mom is I-in the h-hospital"