Maybe, I Cared Too Much About Him

Taehyung came and sat next to jungkook but jungkook moved a little, taehyung felt embarrassed and ashamed to admit that he hurted jungkook.

Taehyung looked at the younger's face and saw how emotionless it was, his eyes held nothing, everything was just blank, he couldn't see anything his those doe ones.

Taehyung deeply, felt so foolish for doing this jungkook but he couldn't help but think that he'll hurt hoseok even though it was not, he doesn't want to hurt hoseok but at the same time, he doesn't want to jungkook too.

He was stuck between the past and the present, lost in a maze, entirely lost in the maze that he still couldn't escape from it at all. Taehyung knows what he's doing is wrong but he couldn't help at all because he loves hoseok, and still does.

"Taehyung and jungkook" namjoon called out their names, dragging back them from the daze, they looked at the mouthpiece that called out for them but didn't dare to look at each other.

"Do you guys know why we called you here?" Yoongi asked, slowly.

Four males were sitting on a bed, on taehyung's bed, on the corners. The tension between them was so thick that it made jungkook breathe uncomfortably for some reason.

Taehyung looked down at the white bed sheet, paying the fingers along with the fabric making himself calm down, trying to-

"Look Hyung, why don't we just finish this? I actually don't want to waste my time on something that brings nothing but the awfulness" jungkook looked into taehyung's eyes and whispered with gritted teeth, taehyung stared at the younger, numbly.

"I know jungkook but we have to solve this slowly, it takes time" yoongi mattered lowly, not liking how the younger talk these days. He has changed A LOT!

"The exact thing that I don't have" jungkook rolled his eyes and looked away, feeling sarcastic out of the blue. Yoongi decided not to reply because if he replies the conversation will definitely go in the wrong direction.

"taehyung, are you confident about your decision?" namjoon asked, looking at taehyung who held no expression at all. Not even namjoon could able to read his eyes, something was covering him like laced with grief and sorrow.

Taehyung nodded his head, slightly only to receive a sigh from his father. Namjoon knows what will happen when taehyung got to know the truth, but they can't let jungkook suffer more. He doesn't deserve to be suffered.

"What decision?" jungkook asked, furrow appeared in his eyes, his face scrunched into a confused one. Yoongi looked at jungkook and then namjoon before speaking up again.

"He's ready to accept you, jungkook," yoongi said earning a maniacal laugh from jungkook. Taehyung's eyes widened as his gaze fixed on jungkook. Namjoon and yoongi were startled because this wasn't the reaction they wanted to see.

"No fucking thanks. I don't need you anymore taehyung, not anymore" jungkook crossed his arms against his meaty chest and looked at taehyung whose face was taken over by the pain for no reason.

"What's wrong with you jungkook?" namjoon asked, looking entirely pissed by the reaction and words jungkook spit out. That was so disrespectful to hear. Jungkook scoffed back at rolled his eyes.

Jungkook had tears in his eyes but he swallowed them up not wanting to show his weak side. Yes, he's still weak, weak for taehyung's love, he's a weak alpha for love, weak to be loved by his love. He can't take it anymore.

He has to do this. This is the right thing for his eyes, he should let taehyung go. Now the time has come.

"I, Jeon Jungkook, reject you, Kim-" jungkook couldn't speak when taehyung covered his mouth with his big palm, stopping his rejection statement. Jungkook's eyes widened at the action while taehyung's eyes got teary.

"N-no, please. D-don't do that. I-I don't want to suffer again, please" taehyung pleaded looking at jungkook with hurtful eyes. Jungkook shoved away his hand harshly, not wanting to be touched by taehyung.

"Don't touch me! And why taehyung? Isn't this what you wanted? Didn't you want me to let you go? Why are you stopping me now taehyung?" jungkook asked a sarcastically scoffed at him afterwards who looked down at the bed sheet again.

"I-I don't want to go through the pain again" taehyung sounded vulnerable for so many reasons. Jungkook looked down at him and felt hurt but his pain was too much to give concern about taehyung's pain.

He doesn't want to suffer anymore. He's suffering so much that it makes him cry or kill himself but what's confusing is he doesn't even know why he can't kill himself, even after he got to know that there'll be no happiness for him in the cruel world.

"Jungkook, accept him. I'm not going to oppose it. You're right. We can love whomever we want. It's your choice-" namjoon got cut off when jungkook spoke up again.

"I choose not to spend the rest of my life with this person, I'd rather die, uncle" Jungkook mumbled, loud enough for the rest of the males could hear him, yoongi rubbed his fingers over his temple, feeling distressed at the current situation they were facing.

"Please jungkook, don't do it, I promise, I-I'll try to love you, ple-" Taehyung got cut off by and jungkook, his eyes were filled in rage and jaw clenching tightly.

"Do you realize that you're the most selfish person on this earth?? Do you know that you're so fucking insensitive to other people's feelings?" Jungkook raised his voice a little, feeling hurtful.

Taehyung looked down, feeling ashamed of his actions and the behaviour in front of everyone. But it would be unfair to call him when he's afraid to get hurt again because no one can understand how painful it was for him.

Only he knows how painful it was because he went through it while the others just comforted him.

"I-I'm sorry, b-but I promise to love you back, maybe I won't be able to love you how I did to him b-but I will try, I will try to be a good mate for you, I promise" taehyung whispered out and tried to reach jungkook's hand but, jungkook was quick enough to shove it away.

"don't!" his jaw tightened.

"Jungkook please give him a chance. This is what you wanted, look, now it's all done. You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be loved, kooks" yoongi went closer to jungkook, took his hand to him and caressed his cheek softly, who still held an unreadable expression.

"What about him, yoongs? Do you think that he genuinely will return my feelings? No! He would pretend as he loves me for the sake of you and uncle" jungkook spatted back, quite angered than before.

"You know what? I'm so stupid! So stupid that I still don't want him to get hurt, I still don't want him to force himself to love me because one day he will regret it all and he will have to go through what he went through again,

So, I'm sorry, I have to reject you" jungkook wiped away tears and got up from the bed and walked up to taehyung before pressing his bruised lips on taehyung's soft cheeks.

Taehyung didn't move or speak but his eyes widened at the action, but he didn't dare to say anything. Jungkook kissed the side of his cheek and the side of his forehead before walking out of the room, leaving the three males who held a confused look.

___

Do y'all remember this book? 👀