Chapter 10

You pulled up alongside the Pearl, Will on your right, Gibbs on your left and the crew ready across the ship. You were met with the scowling face of a gray bearded captain and his crew that looked worse for wear. But to your surprise, there was also a woman aboard in a tattered dress and cowering behind a wooden post.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this chance meeting?" The captain shouted.

"That is Barbossa," Mr. Gibbs whispered to you, "I know many of his crew."

"I think you'll find it is less of a pleasure to meet me, Captain Barbossa" you shouted back with malice.

Barbossa laughed, "I have been a hearin' about you, lassie. You've been swearing revenge on me for weeks."

"Then you know what it is that I want," you responded.

"Ah yes," he laughed, "the poor little girl looking for her lost brother at sea, you are a bit out of your element Ms. (Y/L/N)."

You chuckled, "the name is Captain Sparrow," you replied, "and I think you'll find that I am plenty comfortable in this element."

"Wait," a voice came, you looked and noticed it was the woman in the tattered dress. She now can lean over the side of the boat, "(Y/N), is it really you?"

You looked closer, you knew those eyes, that face, "Elizabeth?"

She smiled excitedly, "(Y/N), it's me, please help me!"

One of the crew men grabbed her arms and pulled her away from the railing. "What could you possibly want with the governor's daughter?" Will asked, gripping your hand and keeping you focused.

"She has something we want," Barbossa replied, "if she would hand it over, she would be free to go."

"I already told you, I don't have it anymore," Elizabeth replied angrily, struggling against the hands that held her, "I gave it away when I was a kid."

"And to whom did you give it to?" Barbossa asked. Elizabeth looked at you desperately and apologetically. Without words being spoken, you knew what she meant...

It was a beautiful sunny day and two young girls played along the beach of Port Royal. They hiked their dresses up and waded in the water for hours, before crashing on the sand giggling with one another.

"This is way more fun than Ms. Matilda teaching us how to hold teacups," Elizabeth laughed.

"Or how to properly fold napkins," you laughed.

You both sat up and stared at the sunset over the ocean waves. "We are going to be friends forever, right?" Elizabeth asked.

You looked at her with a carefree smile, "no matter what."

She pulled her necklace off of her neck and ran her fingers over the gold engravings. Then she held it out to you and clasped it around your neck. You smiled at her admiring the design. "Thank you," you whispered, holding up the medallion that hung on her neck.

Elizabeth smiled, "I found it when we were crossing the channel from England, I don't know what it is, but it will always remind me of the sea."

You tucked it into your dress before wrapping Elizabeth in a hug, "and now it will always remind me of you."

—---------------------------------------------

You looked back at Elizabeth with a knowing nod, but she shook her head at you.

Barbossa did not notice the look between you, instead he kept talking, "so hows about Ms. Elizabeth here hands over what we want, and I tell you where your brother is?"

Your head snapped to Barbossa when he mentioned Jack, "tell me where he is and maybe I don't kill you," you shouted back.

Barbossa and the crew laughed, "oh Old Jack, I always figured he would die at sea, too bad he had no skills to survive a mutiny."

You leaned over the railing, ready to jump onto the Pearl, "Barbossa you bastard!" you shouted. Will had quickly grabbed hold of your waist, keeping you on your ship as Barbossa continued to laugh.

"Ah Lassie," he chuckled, "your rumors certainly do not disappoint."

Will held onto you tightly as he spoke, "the imperial Navy is out looking for you, they are not far. Should I tell them that the governor's daughter is aboard your ship?"

Barbossa's smile faded, "you dare threaten-"

"I dare!" Will interpreted, "hand over Elizabeth and we can forget that we met here."

Barbossa turned to whisper to his first mate before turning back around and waving his hand. The first mate walked over to Elizabeth and dropped a board across the water. Elizabeth tried to walk across, but Barbossa stopped him.

He addressed you again, "I will let her go, if she hands over the medallion."

Elizabeth threw her arms up, "I told you I don't have it."

"I saw you take it on the crossing from England 8 years ago," Barbossa continued, "I know you have it."

"She doesn't have it," you shouted, interrupting him.

All eyes had turned to you in surprise as you reached down your shirt, pulling off your necklace and showing him. The gold glittered in the light of the sun as it spun on the chain.

Barbossa looked shocked, "how did you-"

"I'm the one she gave it to as a child," you explained, "I will trade it to you in exchange for Elizabeth and the location of my brother."

Barbossa smiled wickedly, "you don't know the legend of-"

"The cursed treasure of Cortez," you finished, "why do you think I still have it? I know you need this final piece and the blood to be repaid to break a curse."

Barbossa nodded, clearly impressed, "then you know we need blood."

You chuckled, "and I am guessing that you don't know whose blood you need," you replied, "unfortunately that is your problem, not mine."

Barbossa smiled, "you drive a hard bargain, pirate, but I accept your terms."

You nodded and he allowed Elizabeth to walk across the board until she was safely on your deck. You tossed the medallion to him before nodding to Gibbs to release the anchor.

"My brother?" you shouted.

Barbossa nodded, "marooned on a little island out east, he'd be dead by now."

You locked eyes with Barbossa as a wicked smile crept over your lips, "I will find my brother and save him, and then Barbossa, I am coming for you, and I will have my revenge."