Chapter 22

You pushed yourself, although your strength was leaving you. You grabbed one of the pieces of the gold from the chest and pulled your hand from the wound on your stomach, streaking the gold with your blood. Nothing could stop your from dying now, but you could save Will and Jack.

You held on to the gold, waiting for the opportune moment. You watched Will, Jack and Barbossa dance in your vision, their movements so fast you could almost not make them out. Then you heard a gunshot go off, and saw Barbossa stagger back in shock, Will and Jack doing the same.

You turned to see Elizabeth standing next to you with a smoking pistol in her hand. Barbossa laughed, "a waste of a shot, dear Elizabeth."

"She didn't waste it," you shouted, still leaning against the chest, the bloody gold in your hand. "It was my father's blood you needed to break the curse, our blood," you finished nodding to Jack.

Barbossa shook his head, "you are not your father, your blood alone will not work."

You chuckled, "you sealed your own fate, Captain Barbossa," you spat. You opened your hand and dropped the bloody gold into the chest.

Moments later, Barbossa pulled back his coat, red blood soaking his shirt where the bullet lodged. He then smiled and fell backwards, breathing his last.

Jack and Will exchanged a quick glance before running to your side. Elizabeth gripped your shoulders, lowering you to the ground as your strength almost completely faded.

You laid with your head in Elizabeth's lap as she brushed your hair from your face, Will and Jack leaned over you, a hand in each of theirs.

"How did you know that would work?" Elizabeth asked.

You smiled weakly, "the legend speaks of an everlasting exchange," you explained, "Barbossa was right, my blood alone would not have replaced our father's, but my death will."

Jack shook his head, "you're not going to die, little Sparrow, we can still save you."

You shook your head and noticed the tears streaming down his face, "I know you don't believe that Jacky."

Jack choked a sob, "please, I only just got you back."

You pulled your hand from his and rested it on his cheek, "I missed you so much Jacky."

Your breaths became choppy, but it was Elizabeth that you looked up to, "I'm sorry, I won't be able to stay for dinner after all."

Elizabeth smiled through her tears, "you never belonged at Port Royal anyway."

You nodded to her with a smile, "do me a favor - find Norrington, tell him how you feel, find happiness Elizabeth."

"I will," she whispered, tears streaking her cheeks.

You knew your time was not long now, but there was one more goodbye you desperately needed. You turned to Will, he was already choking in his sobs, "I love you, Will, I always have."

He nodded, bringing your hand to his lips and placing a lingering kiss, "I love you, Sparrow."

You coughed, trying to pull more oxygen into your lungs, "I take you, William Turner, to be my husband," you looked at Will lovingly, although the tears blurred your vision.

He choked another sob as he realized what you were saying, "I take you, Captain Sparrow, to be my wife."

"Forever," you whispered, unable to form any more words.

"Forever," he whispered back.

"You may kiss the bride," Jack said, nodding to Will in approval.

Will leaned down and placed a loving, lingering kiss on your lips. You leaned into him as much as you could although you had little control over your body now. He pulled back, bringing your hand to his lips again.

You glanced at each of them again, your eyes resting on Jack, "I love you," you whispered.

"I love you so much, little Sparrow," he responded, "thank you for saving me, time and time again."

You smiled at him, before you turned your eyes to Will once more. He smiled at you through his tears as you breathed your last breath. He was the last thing you saw before your world went dark and you never saw anything again.