Chapter 24

Jack's POV

He held onto Will until his choked sobs became only whimpers. The crew had pulled a longboat up to the water and lined it with fabric. Elizabeth ran her fingers through (Y/N)'s hair and washed the dirt and blood from her face and dressed her in her captain's clothes, sword and jacket.

Will and Jack would carry her to her final resting place, where the crew could place their tributes and say their goodbyes.

Elizabeth approached them, kneeling next to Will and Jack, "everything is ready."

Jack nodded, pulling Will to his feet. They walked up to (Y/N), she looked so peaceful, like she was sleeping.

"She is beautiful still," Will whispered, "like nothing even happened."

Jack nodded, "of course she is."

Will and Jack both reached down gently picking you up, they were shaking as tears streamed down their faces as Elizabeth led them to the longboat where the others waited. Both crews lined the path, bowing their heads in respect as they walked past.

They got to the longboat and gently lowered you into it, Will's hands lingered by your face for a moment before Jack guided his shoulders to a stop not far from the boat.

It was Norrington who approached to speak first, "we gather to pay our respects to Captain Sparrow, the brave women that we owe our victory and our lives. She gave her life so that we may live." Norrington approached the boat and placed inside his Commodore stripes, "I owe you my crew, my station, my life and my Elisabeth," he whispered, "thank you."

Norrington stepped back, "I now invite all her crew to offer tribute."

Gibbs was the first to approach the boat, "it was such a pleasure to watch you grow, Cap'an Sparrow," he said, a single tear rolling down his cheek, "there ain't no one I would have rather followed." He reached down and placed a flash of rum in the boat, "for your travels, Lady Sparrow."

The rest of the crew followed behind him, placing trinkets of importance and food inside the boat with you. They all said nice things like "the most generous pirate," "a born leader," and "the one they loved to follow."

Finally, Elizabeth approached the boat, "there is nothing I could give you that you would accept, but I owe you everything." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a beautiful seashell, "may it remind you of the sea you love." As she lowered the shell into the boat she broke in a bout of tears, her grief finally hitting her in full force.

Norrington quickly walked up to her and wrapped her in a tight hug, guiding her away from the boat as she continued to sob, "I love her so much," she whispered into his chest.

Jack's eyes filled with tears as he walked forward to say goodbye to his beloved sister, "I suppose it's my turn to say goodbye, baby Sparrow."

He shuffled his feet as he tried to look at you, "you sacrificed your life for mine, it was supposed to be my job to take care of you, and I failed. You saved me time and time again and I will never be able to repay you for that."

Tears continued to streak down his face as his voice broke, "I am not ready to say goodbye, little sister, you will forever be my only love and I have to tell you, I don't know how to do this now that you're gone."

He twiddled a Sparrow feather in his hands as he put it in your hands and folded them again, he noticed how cold you were already and shuddered. "I may never be able to repay you, but I hope that I can be worthy of your legacy. I will take your name, I will serve your purpose and I will sail the seas as Jack Sparrow, so that you might be there with me, always."

Jack rubbed a finger across your cold cheek as more tears streamed, "I love you forever, my little Sparrow." His voice broke as he said goodbye to the only person that brought light into his life. His hands lingered for a moment before turning away and standing next to Will, urging him to go on.

Will approached the longboat, fresh tears streaming from his eyes. He tried not to think about how still you looked, instead he studied your face, focusing on it until the rest of the world seemed to melt away.

"I thought we would have forever," he whispered, "I couldn't wait to sail endlessly with you, it was the one thing I wanted in life. From the moment I met you, I knew I loved you and I knew I wanted you to be my forever." His voice cracked but he continued, pulling out a small ring from his pocket and placing it on your finger. "I was so happy when you agreed to marry me, there was nothing in the world I wanted more that to tie myself to you," he paused, "it was my life's greatest honor to marry you, even for as short amount of time that it was," he brought your cold hand to his lips and kissed it where he had placed the ring.

Tears streamed again as his voice broke, "I love you so much."

Jack and Elizabeth walked up to Will, a torch in their hand. Norrington spoke as they shared a look, not quite ready for what was next. "As we say goodbye to Captain Sparrow in this world, we pray that her spirit finds the sea in the next," Norrington nodded and the crew all bowed their heads.

Jack, Will and Elizabeth waded into the shallow water, pushing the boat with them. "May you sail the sea forever," Elizabeth whispered.

"May you sail forever," Will and Jack repeated, tears in their eyes. Elizabeth nodded to them and slowly lowered the torch to the boat, watching the wood catch fire. Will and Jack both pushed the boat a little farther, watching the gentle waves carry the flaming longboat out to open water.

The three of them stood in the water, hand in hand, watching the flames disappear until it was a spec in the distance and their friend was truly gone.