Chapter 18

Jack pulled the longboat to shore slowly and quietly. He held out a hand to you as you stepped out of the boat.

"Please don't do anything stupid, little Sparrow," he said with a wink.

You chuckled quietly, "you have all the stupid with you."

Jack smiled and began walking through the caves before coming to a wide opening where all kinds of treasure was glittering inside. There were hundreds of pirates bustling around, but they had not seen you yet.

Jack placed a hand on your shoulder as you ducked down behind some rocks. "They're arguing," you whispered, noticing their heated behavior.

Jack nodded, "then it is our perfect time." Jack stood up, but you quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.

"Wait," you whispered, "you haven't told me your play yet."

He smiled mischievously, "just follow my lead and make sure you get a signal out."

You nodded and followed closely behind him as he emerged from the shadows and announced himself to Barbossa, "ah, Hector," he said in amusement, "funny meeting you here."

Barbossa looked shocked until you emerged from behind Jack, a wicked smile on your face. "I see Captain Sparrow kept her promises," Barbossa mused after shaking the shock from his face.

You opened your mouth to speak, but Jack stepped in front of you, "After my wonderful sister rescued me from the god-forsaken island, we began planning her inevitable revenge."

Barbossa laughed, causing the rest of his crew to laugh along, "and how is it you plan on doing that? We cannot die."

You stepped forward, "I have actually lost taste in revenge, instead we brought you a gift."

Barbossa looked suspicious, "and why is that?"

"It's an exchange," you continued, "for our freedom from your torment, a way to leave our past behind and start again."

"And what do ye have to offer?" Barbossa asked.

"We have brought the imperial navy to your doorstep, Captain Barbossa," you explained, "and their considerable resources."

"So go out there and do what you do best," Jack added, "and take the grandest ship as your flagship."

Barbossa thought for a moment, "that still leaves the problem of what is in it for you?"

"A fresh start," you repeated, "we want some of the resources from the imperial ships and then we are leaving these waters."

Barbossa thought again, before realization dawned on him, "to escape your father?"

You and Jack exchanged a glance, but Barbossa continued, "yes, that makes sense, your father was the one to lead us here after marooning dear old Jack. And the one who turned you both in for pirating."

You and Jack said nothing, causing Barbossa to laugh again, "I guess some revenge is more important than others."

"So what do you say," you asked, "will you join us?"

Barbossa chuckled again, "we have an accord, Captain Sparrow."