Chapter 14

Later, you, Jack, Will, Elizabeth and Gibbs were in the captain's quarters overlooking a large map.

"This here is the Isle De Muerta," Jack said pointing to open water on the map, "it can only be found by someone who has been there before."

You nodded in understanding, "so you know where it is?"

"No," Jack said matter-of-factly, "I've never actually been there."

Will looked confused, "then how do you know where it is?"

"I don't," Jack responded.

"But you just said -" you interjected.

Jack held up his finger to quiet you, "I said this is about where it is."

"About?" Gibbs asked.

Jack finally lifted up a compass and set it on the table. The needle spun in about every direction except north. "It's broken," Will said.

Jack looked up, offended, "it is not."

"Jack, it's not pointing North," you explained.

"Ah yes, but it is not the North which we seek," Jack said with a smile.

You looked at the compass for a moment, finally it dawned on you, "the compass points to what you seek?"

Jack nodded, a proud smile on his face, "it points in the direction of what you want most in the world."

"And what you want most in the world is revenge on Barbossa?" Will asked.

Jack's face went serious for a moment, "until last night when you found me, it used to point in a new direction all the time. What I wanted most was for my sister to know I was alive, I just figured it didn't work like that. But now I realize it pointed in a new direction because she was actually looking for me."

You smiled at Jack, but he continued, "now I have my sister and now I can have my revenge. So yes, the compass will point to Barbossa."

"But how do we know Barbossa is actually on the Isle De Muerta?" Elizabeth finally interjected.

Jack jumped in surprise by this new voice and you giggled next to him. Jack composed himself and turned to Elizabeth, "because that is his home now, the treasure is cursed and the isle is the only place the curse is accepted. He cannot live a normal life elsewhere."

"He has hundreds of pirates on his crew," Elizabeth added, "how can we hope to defeat them?"

Jack smiled, you knew he was up to something, "by making a deal with the Imperial Navy."