A Simple Mission?

Shadow's Pov

I stood in the middle of a conference room waiting for The Commander to give me my mission. Why here, of all the places in the world, why am I back here again? Nothing about this felt right. How long I'd been waiting, the fact no one knew what my mission was, and especially the fact I was back on my old home, the place where my heart was broken; The Ark.

"About time," I mumbled under my breath when The Commander finally walked in. His face showed no emotion, as usual, but I could tell something had him frustrated and with my luck, it was whatever I was here for. "So," I asked. "Why exactly did you bring me here?"

"I'll cut straight to the chase," he said. " G.U.N. was working on something of utmost importance and secrecy. However, the project was ultimately a failure. But, if our enemies found out what we were trying, they may be able to succeed and use our plan against us. Your job is to head to destroy any evidence that can hint as too what we were attempting."

YOU BROUGHT ME BACK HERE TO PLAY CLEAN UP CREW?!?!?! I was furious, but kept it hidden and went to the room he told me. As I made my way there, I could help but wonder what they had been trying to do. Then it dawned on me; I'm heading for the same room where I was created. I was practically running now to see what they had done.

When I finally made it, I was hesitant to enter. Once I did, I was shocked by what I saw; a baby hedgehog in the same tube they kept me in.  As I looked around, I saw a file detailing what they were trying to do. Apparently, they called him Project Light. He was meant to be a "completely obedient, last-resort peace keeper." The thing that shocked me the most was they used my DNA to create him.

"No," I said as I looked at him. "I'm not gonna kill you. I'm getting you out of here." I knew that some one would be by any minute to check on me, so I had to hurry. I punched the tube as hard as I could, causing it to shatter to pieces. As alarms rang out, I grabbed the little guy and chaos controlled back to earth. Now, to figure out what to do next. As, I looked down at the little guy, he reached up with his tiny hands.

"Dada," he said. At that point, I was wondering what the right course of action was. But once he said that, everything became clear. He has my DNA, that makes him family. I guess it's settled then.

"Yeah buddy," I told him. "Daddy's here. But you're gonna need a new name, cause I'm not calling you 'Project Light'" I thought for a while before the perfect name finally came to me. "Silver," I said. "Your name is Silver, and I'm your daddy."