Finally a Family

Shadow's Pov

The day was finally here. The day Maria and I would become husband and wife. That wasn't the only exciting news; last night I was informed that the paper work we filled out was accepted. Silver was now legally recognized as our son.

I was finishing getting ready when Rouge walked in to check on me. Truth be told, I had never been so nervous in my whole life. I wanted this day to be perfect because that's what Maria deserves. Rouge helped me calm down and then we both took our places for the ceremony.

As Maria made her way down the aisle with Silver in her arms, I was breathless. She looked amazing. Once they were in front of me the priest had us give our vows. She promised to be the best wife and mother she could be and I knew she would have no trouble there. Once it was my turn, I grabbed my guitar and gave my vows the only way I could.

"We'll do it all. Everything, on our own. We don't need anything or anyone.

C"I don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words are said too much. They're not enough.

"If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world? Forget what we're  told. Before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life.

"Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads. I need your grace to remind me to find my own.

"If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world? Forget what we're told. Before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life. All that I am and all that I ever was is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where. Confused about how as well. Just know that these things will never change for us at all.

"If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

We then both said 'I do' before the priest announced us as husband and wife. Maria had tears of joy in her eyes and had a huge smile that wasn't going anywhere. After the reception, we all headed to the new home bought a few days ago. We ended up watching a movie together, although Silver and Maria were out like a light before it was even twenty minutes in. As I held my family in my arms, I truly felt blessed. This is all I need. As long as I have you two, I can handle anything life throws my way.