Telling the Team

Shadow's Pov

I was fortunate to have chaos controlled to the apartment I was sharing with Rouge and Omega. Unfortunately, they walked in a few moments later. One look at Rouge and I could tell I was in for a night full of explaining.

As soon as I finished explaining to them what happened, their communicators went off and The Commanders voice was heard. "This is a message to all G.U.N. soldiers; Shadow the Hedgehog has gone rogue. He is now public enemy number one. He is to be apprehended at all costs. Alive if possible; dead if necessary."

"So," I started once his message was done. "Are you turning me in, or do we have a safe haven?" They stood there for a while, probably still trying to grasp everything that has happened. For a moment, I started to think I would actually have to run from my friends.

"I already told you; we got your back till the end," Rouge said, breaking the silence and ending my nerves. 

" Entering subject," Omega stated. " Name: Silver the Hedgehog. Relations: Shadow's son. Status: Family." That made me feel pretty good. 

After a while, things went back to how they normally would be; Omega powered down to charge for tomorrow; Rouge was texting with Knuckles and Tikal, since they were all in a relationship together; and I kept to myself, only this time was taking care of Silver.

Rouge went out and got me everything Silver would need and told me she would help as much as she could. She also made a good point; how long would it be before G.U.N. decides to check our apartment. I had to admit, I probably could have thought this out more. We decided that the second they decided to check here, I'd pack everything up and find a safe place to hide out till they left.

Soon enough, it got late and I was putting Silver to bed. As he laid there, I felt a smile spread across my face. We'll make this work, buddy. I won't let them find you. Images started running through my head. I couldn't save you, Maria, and it haunts me to this day. I failed to save my love, but I won't fail this time. I'll die before I let them get my son.