Saving Shadow

Rouge's Pov

After G.U.N. hauled Shadow away, I flew off to Angle Island with Silver. I promised Shadow that if he was caught, I'd keep Silver safe. Once we made it there, I was greeted by Knuckles and Tikal. Tikal took Silver in her arms to try and calm him down, and then I broke down. My best friend, heck my brother was captured by G.U.N. and who knew how long he had.

Once I finally calmed down, I explained to them both what happened when, to my surprise, Omega showed up. He told me we had to rescue Shadow. Together, we came up with a plan to save him. But first, Omega told me he found something. A hidden project on the Ark we had to take care of.

We knew the only way we could get to the Ark was with Sonic and Tails' help. They were reluctant at first, but once we explained that Shadow was innocent and our plan to save him, they gladly helped us. Tails flew us all there in some fancy new version of the Tornado that could go to space.

Once we made it, Omega led me to where this project was. I still couldn't believe what he told me about. Apparently, Gerald Robotnik was closer to saving Maria than anyone thought. We came to a capsule that looked like the one Shadow was in when he first came down in. Once we opened it, a golden hedgehog with blue eyes stepped out. "What's going on?" she asked us.

"Calm down, Maria," I said calmly. "We're friends of Shadow's. He would've been here if he could've. " I probably shouldn't have said that, because now Maria was worried about Shadow. Omega stated he was fine but he missed her and then showed her one of his memories. We had just came back from a mission when we found him singing.

"Things are changing. It feels strange and I need to figure this out. You've got your life, I got mine. But you're all I cared about. Yesterday we were laughing. Today I'm left here asking. Where has all the time gone now? I'm left alone somehow. Growing up and getting older. I don't want to believe it's over.

"Don't say goodbye. Cause I don't wanna hear those words tonight. Cause maybe it's not the end for you and I. And although we knew this time would come for me and you. Don't say anything tonight, if you're gonna say goodbye.

"Do you remember in December, how we swore we'd never change. Even though you're leaving, our feelings would always stay the same. I wish we could be laughing. Instead I'm left here asking. Do we have to end this now? Can we make it last somehow? We both know what we gotta say, not today. Cause I don't wanna leave this way.

"Don't say goodbye. Cause I don't wanna hear those words tonight. Cause maybe it's not the end for you and I. And although we knew this time would come for me and you. Don't say anything tonight, if you're gonna say goodbye.

"And if it's over. It hurts but I'm giving you my word. I hope that you're always happy like we were. Happy like we were.

"Don't say goodbye. Cause I don't wanna hear those words. tonight. Cause maybe it's not the end for you and I. And although we knew this time would come for me and you. Don't say anything tonight, if you're gonna say goodbye.

"Yesterday we were laughing! (If you're gonna say goodbye.) Today I'm left here asking! (If you're gonna say goodbye.) And although we knew this time would come for me and you! Don't say anything tonight if you're gonna say goodbye."

By the time the memory was finished, Maria's eyes were full of tears. "He loves you," I told her. "And he's in trouble. We have a plan to save him, will you help us?"

She took a moment to gain her composure, then looked at me with a small smile. "Where do we start?"