Captured

Shadow's Pov

A few weeks passed and things went as smoothly as they could given the circumstances. Unfortunately, I officially became the "most wanted being in the world" after The President made an announcement, telling the world I betrayed them. He also said for anyone who might know where I am to contact G.U.N. immediately.

Somehow, they must have been tipped off that I was staying with Rouge and Omega because one day they burst through the door and had me pinned before I even realized what was happening. They tried to grab Silver, but Rouge told them he was her son, and surprisingly enough, they bought it. "Shadow the Hedgehog," the biggest one, whose big boot was on my neck, said. "You are under arrest for desertion and crimes against the government."

As they hauled me into the back of a transport van, I saw Silver, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry," I mouthed. "I love you." As they drove away, all of the agents kept telling me what a disgrace I am, how I was a failure, and that Maria would be ashamed. Yeah, ashamed that I actually trusted the very organization that killed her.

Once we arrived at G.U.N. HQ, they put me in my cell. My hands were connected by cuffs that prevented me from using my powers, and my feet to heavy ball and chain. After what felt like hours, The Commander walked in. "You've caused quite a lot of trouble Shadow," he said to me. "If you tell me where Project Light is, and maybe I can convince The President not to give you the chair."

I, of course, refused to tell him anything. He then started yelling at me and beating the crap out of me. For a guy his age, he can pack a decent punch. As he wailed on me, I thought about how my life has gone. First, I failed Maria. Now, I failed Silver. Maybe I really am a failure.