Ch. 4

Hell yeah!
Another chapter!
Sure, it's a bit short, but I hope it's juicier!
Mephiles does a Thing™, and I'm here for it.
My friend suggested it, and I just "my mans, I love how you think" LOL.
Seriously though, he's an amazing help with these stories.
Bless him 🙏

I have some ideas for the next few chapters, but nothing set in stone yet.
Right now, it's just Reader trying to get through life.
And Mephiles being a menace.
Sort of 😉

Hope you enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were... tired.

Day in and day out of working in that coffee shop took all your energy.

That coupled with the worries of wondering if you'd be able to pay the next bill... ugh...

But still, you kept a smile on your lips and soldiered on.

You had to.

You couldn't give up.

Not now.

"Good morning, Frank!" You said with a smile, waving to the older man.

He nodded to you, unlocking the door to the shop as he did.

"Morning, Y/N." He replied, inviting you in first, as per usual.

"Slept well?" He asked, watching as you put your lunch into the staff fridge.

"Yeah, decently. How about you?" Rubbing the back of his neck, he spoke.

"Pretty much the same." You headed off to slip on your uniform, and... you suddenly felt the urge to cry.

It'd been sneaking up on you over these past few days, but you always ignored it.

You didn't have the time to cry.

So, washing your face, you went on with your day, burying the feeling.

Crying wasn't high on your agenda.

Especially when you had no idea why it was happening.

This continued for a few days.

Every morning it became harder and harder to get up, and you felt like crying more and more.

It bothered you to no end.

But still, you suppressed it, keeping a smile on your lips.

One day, the water finally boiled over.

"You are worthless." Spat one customer at you, after you'd supposedly gotten their order wrong.

You simply smiled, and watched as they left, sent away by Frank.

"Y/N? You alright?" He asked, turning to you.

You hadn't even realised that you were crying.

Fat tears were streaming down your face, uncontrolled and no longer held back.

You ran to the back, not wanting anyone to see you, but that was much too late.

"Y/N!" Frank called out to you, however something stopped him from pursuing you.

Whatever it was, you were grateful.

You just... needed to be alone right now.

You tried stopping the tears, you really did.