I LOVE A GOOD EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY!

Lightning Bolt

???? - November 20, 2012 - 3:12 PM

Lightning was having a bad day.

Actually generally most days were bad days, but this one was worse. He was reaaaally starting to feel the lack of substantial rest catch up to him. That, and the toll of being Cipher's personal killer. Feared by all. Inspiring terror in the hearts of the masses.

They called him the Prince of Chaos. It was a name inspired by Bill declaring himself basically king of the world. Lightning wasn't entirely opposed to the idea of being a prince. It sounded cool. Unfortunately, living it was not that cool.

Since awakening as a demonling, his control over the volatile chaos magic had only grown more precise. It was more likely to actually do what he wanted it to nowadays. His Master told him that his dedication was admirable, that he wished his rise had been so easy. Lightning didn't feel like this was easy. With the rise of his power, his LV was also rising. It made him a little nervous, since he still wasn't sure exactly what it meant. All he knew was that it correlated with his kills.

The clock in his electronic brain was still ticking away, keeping him sane. He was eternally grateful for that. During his isolation period, Bill had shut it off, adding to the torture he was put through, but it was back now, steady and eternal. He couldn't remember when this all had started, but it was late November now. Under normal circumstances the world would be preparing for Christmas, getting ready to celebrate the season of giving. It went without saying that there would be little celebration this year.

One of the perks of being the Prince of Chaos, though, was the world bending to his will instead of continuing its brutal assault on everything. The bubble worlds that floated through the air avoided him completely. Unless he wanted to pass through them, of course. But he never did. Why would he want that? He would have to be a total freak. (Master passed through them every time.)

His path was clear to where he was headed, where he'd been called to, but it was taking a little longer than usual. He was supposed to be resting today, because as he'd learned yesterday, it took an absurd amount of power to assist five teenagers in time travel. They'd just kinda... shown up, and somehow convinced Lightning to send them back to the future instead of killing them. Master was very displeased with him, but one of the teens had made a deal, after all, so Lightning had had to honour his side. And now he knew that things would get better, apparently, according to that one familiar kid, but not when. Right now, things definitely sucked. He had to put those events out of his mind, because he couldn't afford to rely on false hopes.

He landed on the ground, in a city that was more than a little ruined. Not that unusual lately, most of the major cities had been absolutely ravaged by this point. This one was on the Eurasian continent, formerly known as Moscow. People probably still called it Moscow. He was sure the city had once been beautiful. Beauty was few and far between now. Unless you found chaos particularly beautiful for some reason.

"LIGHTNING BOLT!" Master seemed delighted at the appearance of Lightning. That didn't bode well. There was no way his anger had been forgotten so quickly. "GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT!"

"What is this about?" Lightning cautiously asked. Caution was definitely the way to go. "You've been so secretive."

"AH, THERE'S A REASON FOR THAT!!" Master laughed delightedly. "YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS!!"

"To be honest, I highly doubt that."

"YOU COULD ALWAYS BE A LITTLE LESS HONEST." Lightning received a condescending head pat. Well, it wasn't like he had any dignity left. "ANYWAYS, C'MERE. I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU!"