THE FUN BEGINS

Mistral

Piedmont, California - October 10, 2012 - ????

She wasn't sure what was happening, it was all too much. Demons ravaging the streets, people getting hurt, Ray pressing himself close to her, him scanning the crowds for Mistral's mother, eyes wide and worried.

"This is gonna be a migraine and a half in about ten minutes." Mistral heard Rose mutter. The ginger was staring up at the sky. Mistral followed her gaze and gasped. There was a giant pyramid in the sky. It was reminiscent of a castle or a fortress. This wasn't good...

"How did he come back?" Ford sounded as though he didn't know whether to be angry or upset. There was so much emotion in his eyes, Mistral tilted her head. What was happening?

"Who's back?" She looked up at Ford, who's hands curled into fists. 

"...where are Dipper and Mabel?"

Mistral shrugged. She didn't know. She didn't know anything, she just WISHED she knew what was happening!!!

And that was when the laughter filled her ears. The echoey, maniacal, FAMILIAR laughter. And she could tell from their expressions that everyone else was hearing it too. She shifted her gaze back up to the sky. 

Floating there was a yellow one-eyed pyramid. He wore a top hat and a bow tie, and held a cane. It was impossible to tell exactly where he was. He seemed to be everywhere at once. 

"ARE YOU IMPRESSED, SIXER?" The demon's voice was delighted, ecstatic. "I DID IT RIGHT THIS TIME!"

"You won't get away with this, Cipher!" Ford yelled. It seemed the demon heard him, his cat-like eye appeared to flicker in their direction. He didn't acknowledge them in any other way.

Mistral's eyes widened. Cipher... Bill Cipher. Oh, no... she was such an IDIOT! She felt her eyes welling up with tears. She was in shock. Ray squeezed her shoulders tightly.

"NOTHING CAN STOP ME FROM DOING ANYTHING I WANT TO THIS WORLD!" Bill twirled his cane between his fingers gleefully. "NO ZODIAC THIS TIME AROUND!" He laughed again before continuing. "YOU MORTALS ARE SO EASY! I SIMPLY HAD TO APPEAL TO AMBITION, AND..."

He snapped his fingers, and a loud, bright crack rang throughout the sky. There were shocked screams all around. Mistral flinched back into her father.

She gasped, the true gravity of this clicking with her. "Mettaton! This was him! Oh, god..." She bit her lip, worrying about him. Was he okay? She still couldn't get through to him.

"How do you know?" Her father rubbed her shoulders in a calming sort of way.

"Bill... I talked to him." She looked up at him behind her. "He said he needed Mettaton for something... I HELPED him!"

"...it isn't your fault, he can be very persuasive." Ford said it gently. Mistral still felt terrible.

"THIS WORLD IS MINE NOW!" Bill was speaking now. His voice was starting to hurt Mistral. "BILL CIPHER'S! THIS'LL BE A FUN RIDE, WELCOME, ALL, TO WEIRDMAGEDDON!" He floated back into his giant pyramid, followed by a crew of excited demons.

"This is bad..." Mistral could hear the repressed panic in her great-uncles voice. "I have to find everyone, I have to take him down, I have to kill him..." The older man started pacing frantically.

"ELLEN!!!" Ray spotted Mistral's mother and ran towards her, the joy seeping into his whole person. Mistral felt super relieved, her mother was okay!"

"Ray..." whispered Ellen. The two embraced joyously. Mistral waved to her mother before glancing at Rose.

Rose was clenched up in different parts of her body, shaking. Mistral gasped. She looked like she was in so much pain, but from what?

"Rose! Are you okay?" 

Rose shook her head. "Absolutely not."

"What is it? O-Other than the obvious..." Everyone was suffering, of course. Just not as... much... as Rose.

"Overwhelming." Rose tapped her forehead. Even her voice was so pained, it sounded like she was forcing every word out.

"What?" Mistral tilted her head. "I mean, yeah, we're all overwhelmed, but you seem to be implying a really bad headache, are you susceptible to loud noises? Oh, that would make sense..."

"Sure, yeah, we'll go with that."

"...Let's get you inside." Mistral offered a hand to Rose, who accepted shakily. Mistral took Rose back into, her father's lab, followed close by Ray and Ellen Pines. 

This was bad.