OH, LIGHTNING STAR, YOU'LL REGRET THAT!

Mistral

The Lab - November 22, 2012 - ????

Resistance meetings since the death of Ray Pines had gotten most decidedly pointless, Mistral decided at the third meeting she'd attended since starting her quest for JUSTICE. All it was was a bunch of (mostly) adults arguing in circles while a few sane, reasonable attendees tried to actually get anything done. Today's source of argument was whether minors (like Mistral and the twins, Frisk, or Blooky) should even be allowed at these Resistance meetings. On one side of the spectrum there was Toriel, who firmly believed that the children should be spared the hardship, and on the other side there was Great-Uncle Ford who knew that they could handle it. It was really not helping with the whole defeating Bill thing.

"I understand that the children are perfectly capable, Stanford," Toriel seemed to be trying very hard to stay calm. "But I do not think it is their responsibility to end the apocalypse. Have they not been through enough?"

"Of course not!" Ford snapped. "It could always be worse!"

"woah, ok, i think we all need to chill." Sans interjected, hands up. "maybe we can talk about this some other time, tori. like when they're not all in the room with us."

"Oh! Oh, my..." Toriel sat down in her chair, a slight blush coming to her cheeks from embarrassment. "I suppose my emotions were getting the better of me."

"don't sweat it. happens to the best of us." Sans winked over at Frisk, who smiled back at him slightly.

"Now, if we could get back to business," Ford said impatiently. "We need a new strategy. Something that will win this war."

Something that would win... they needed to get to Mettaton. Mistral knew she could get through to him if she just had another chance. And without Lightning Bolt, Bill would be much easier to get at. But how to make them see that?

"We gotta deal with the Lightning Bolt issue." Mistral looked up in surprise when the words came not from her, but from Wendy. The older teen had a determined look on her face. It almost mirrored Mistral's own feelings. "He keeps killing people, and that demon is just hiding behind him! Like, what's scarier than some emotionless robot?"

"He's not that scary," Undyne muttered. "Kinda pathetic if you've known him his whole life, actually."

"Miss Corduroy is right." Asgore said with a somber tone. "The Prince of Chaos is... rather formidable."

"I think we're all thinking the same thing." Grunkle Stan's eyes were narrowed. "I don't like saying this, he was a fine kid, but we have to kill him."

Mistral's eyes widened. K-Kill him...? N-No! She didn't want that!

There was a shocked outcry throughout the room, reactions ranging from horrified to thoughtful. Mistral looked around at everyone. She had a sinking feeling.

"We can't do that, Stanley!" Ford glared at his brother. "He's a victim! Besides, it would make us no better than Cipher."

"Victim?" Stan snorted. "Seems like a willing participant to me."

"You never understood what it's like." Ford clenched his fists. "What he can do."

"I understood well enough. He's been in my head too."

"Even so..."

"Stan has a good point." Wendy spoke up. "It doesn't seem like there's any other way. He's just going to keep spreading chaos unless we stop him."

"H-He doesn't know himself!" Alphys cried. "He's my b-best friend, and I know something's wrong. He's b-been... brainwashed!"

"Alphys, he's... dangerous." Undyne put a hand on her girlfriend's arm. "I don't like it any better than you do, but..."