AW, C'MON, HE BROUGHT THIS UPON HIMSELF

Mettaton

The Fearamid - ????????????????

The robot sits and stares at the sky, feeling genuinely happy. It is bright, it is beautiful, and most importantly, it's on the surface. He feels true awe watching this. Beside him, Mistral laughs.

"It's only a sunrise, Mettaton!"

Mettaton looks at her with innocent bright pink eyes. "We didn't HAVE these in the underground." He says defensively. Mistral grins and looks back towards it.

"I guess it's hard to appreciate something I grew up with." She says, softer. "But I'm glad it makes you happy!"

"And I'm glad me being happy makes you glad."

"That is so cheesy." Mistral giggles.

"Yeah, I know." Mettaton laughs as well. This is so nice... just sitting and talking with someone close. He breathes deeply, in and out. His usual reservations seem irrelevant here, being perfect matters less. 

Mistral gets up to leave. "Hey, I gotta get home," she says. "It's pizza night, you wanna come?" 

"Oh, sure!" Mettaton grins at her, standing up. As soon as he does, he is overtaken by a strange feeling. He feels dizzy, and he stumbles a bit. Mistral cocks her head at him.

"Hey, Mettaton, you okay?" 

He nods. "Y-Yeah, just a dizzy spell I gue-" The words catch in his throat as he's filled with an urge to hurt her, to rip the SOUL from her body. 

"Mettaton?" 

"Darling..." His voice is low. He can't make sense of himself as he steps towards her, preparing an electric shock.

"Mettaton, you don't feel okay oh god this is bad...!" Mistral's voice is full of fear, she can feel what his intentions are and doesn't know what to do about it. She's only a kid. 

Mettaton grabs her wrist before she can run. She gasps. He presses one hand into her side and presses a knife to her throat with the other. He is unsure where the knife came from. He shocks her as he cuts her neck. It's a quick and easy kill, so underwhelming, the real excitement is the rush that comes with knowing he took the life right from her. 

Her SOUL appears in front of him, and  he absorbs it, immediately filled with power. He is simply retaking what is his. 

"metta............ no...."

His eye widens and he looks at the small ghost. His cousin. They look horrified. And there is Alphys, holding tight to Undyne, who aims a spear at him. It flies towards him and

The robot gasped awake. That was the most horrible awful nightmare anyone could ever have. The way Blooky looked at him.... he could never do that, right?

 You tried, his brain whispered over the screaming chaos. What do you think Blooky would have thought if you'd killed Frisk?

That's when the demon reappeared and Mettaton leaned into the wall.

Bill Cipher chuckled. "HOW'RE YA FINDING IT, KIDDO?" He floated lower, to be closer to eye level with Mettaton. "HARD TO FIGHT, AIN'T IT?"

"Of course not!" Mettaton hissed out, aware of the fact that it was a blatant lie and that Bill could see into his mind, so it didn't matter anyway. "I will NEVER be yours."

He was starting to get sick of Bill's smug, annoying face that ALWAYS looked like he was laughing at everybody.

"AW, IT'S ADORABLE SEEING YOU TRY TO FIGHT BACK~!" Bill trilled. "AH WELL. YOU'LL COME AROUND. AND UNTIL THEN..." He snapped his fingers and there was a moment of pain. 

Mettaton whimpered, shrinking back. Not more pain... please...

"RELAX, KID... I WON'T DO ANY MORE OF THAT... FOR NOW." Bill laughed like he'd made a hilarious joke. "I JUST WANNA ASK YOU THIS. ARE YOU WILLING TO SACRIFICE THE LIFE OF ANOTHER FOR YOUR STUBBORN ATTITUDE?"

"I have nobody I care about enough to save."  

"AW, YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Bill floated about the room, counting on his fingers.

"THE SCIENTIST GIRL, YOUR COUSIN, THAT REDHEAD... LITTLE LIGHTNING STAR..." Bill stopped in front of Mettaton, eye as smug as ever. "EVEN YOUR OWN FANBASE! YOU COULDN'T BEAR IF YOU CAUSED ANOTHER TO SUFFER, THE GUILT WOULD DESTROY YOU! WHAT ABOUT YOUR DREAM JUST NOW?"

"I..." Mettaton didn't know what to say that. Bill was reading him like a book. No, he didn't want anyone to die... but who knew what could happen if he gave himself over to the demon...?

"I HAVE A FEW OF YOUR FRIENDS CAPTURED ALREADY, ACTUALLY! I COULD KILL THEM AT ANY TIME!"

Mettaton's eyes widened. "Wh... who...?" He looked up at Bill with wide eyes. "Who do you have?" 

"THAT WOULD BE TELLING, WOULDN'T IT!" Bill laughed again. That laugh was starting to get on Mettaton's nerves... "ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JOIN ME, AND THEIR LIVES WILL BE SPARED! YOU REMEMBER WHAT IT FELT LIKE IN THE NIGHTMARE, DON'T YOU? IT FELT NIIIICE?"

"I won't hurt anyone for you." Mettaton whispered. He was insistent. Bill floated back, eye flashing with disappointment.

"WELL, I HAVE TO GO! ALREADY, I KNOW... BUT THE HENCHMANIACS AND I ARE CELEBRATING! SAYONARA~!"

"No, wait, don't-" But it was too late. Bill was already gone. 

Please, I don't want to be alone...