NO ONE PULLS THE WOOL OVER MY EYE!

Metta

The Fearamid - November 30, 2012 - 1:05 PM

Life had become somewhat of a difficult balancing act for Metta. Holding onto who he was while simultaneously having to pretend to be the same Lightning Bolt that Bill expected him to be was quite the challenge. Bill had, of course, noticed that something was different, but Metta had figured out that it's hard to discern anything from his mind if he just makes the chaos louder. It was a little dangerous and painful, but it was better than the alternative. And Metta was in control. He was in control.

Bill had summoned all his Henchmaniacs (and Metta) to the main room of the Fearamid. Metta, having touched base with Mistral earlier, already knew what this was about. The Resistance was making a move on their plan to kill Lightning, which meant they were going to create an event big enough to lure him there. Mistral, as per her deal, had passed the details of the plan along to Bill. Now he would use this to crush the Resistance once and for all... at least he would, if Metta and Mistral didn't have their own plan.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, GUYS!" Bill sounded even more excited than normal, which was honestly impressive. "I KNOW, THIS IS EXCITING. BUT I HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE PLAN!"

"What's this about, Bill?" Pyronica questioned. "You said you would only say when everyone was here and everyone is here now!"

The demons all loudly clamoured agreement. Metta shivered. It was awful to listen to.

"WELL..." Bill's eye darted around conspiratorily. "THE RESISTANCE HAS GOTTEN IT IN THEIR HEADS THAT THE WAY TO END OUR FUN IS BY MURDERING OUR POOR LITTLE PRINCE HERE!" Bill patted Metta's head, laughing. Metta did his best not to flinch. "CREATIVE, I KNOW! SO OUR GOOD OLD PAL SIXER AND HIS FAMILY ARE GOING TO INCITE A RIOT, WHILE THE REST OF THE RESISTANCE LIE IN WAIT. FORDSY HASN'T PUT HIMSELF THIS OUT IN THE OPEN THE WHOLE TIME! AND SINCE WE KNOW THE WHOLE PLAN, WE CAN CAPTURE ALL OF THEM EASILY!"

The demons were growing even more excited, cheering and whooping. Metta rolled his eyes.

"BUT HERE'S THE DEAL." Bill laughed at his own pun. "HA, GET IT? DEAL!!"

"Good one, boss!" Teeth supplied. The other demons agreed.

"I KNOW!" Bill giggled. "ANYWAY, FOR THIS TO WORK, THE LITTLE HUMANS AND MONSTERS DOWN THERE HAVE TO THINK THEY'RE WINNING." He brought up an illusion of the Resistance members in the palm of his hand. "SO IT'S GOTTA LOOK LIKE WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON! THEN, WHEN THEY LEAST EXPECT IT..." Bill closed his clawed hand into a fist, crushing the illusion. "CAPICHE?"

The uproar was even louder than before. Metta stayed still in place next to Bill's throne until his Master stopped giving the orders and assignments. The room had emptied out by the time Bill turned to him. Metta automatically made the chaos louder.

"NOW, YOU KNOW YOUR ROLE, DON'T YOU, LIGHTNING BOLT?"

"Of course, sir." Metta lowered his head in acknowledgement. "Pretend to be losing. So you and everyone else can capture Ford and his allies. I get it."

"CLEVER BOY!" Bill laughed. "YOUR CONTROL OVER THE CHAOS IS GETTING SO MUCH STRONGER, LITTLE DEMONLING. I KNOW YOU'LL PULL THIS OFF."

"Yes... Master." Metta looked up, making direct eye contact with Bill. "I believe I will too."

Piedmont, California - December 1, 2012 - 1:56 AM

The plan didn't start until after midnight. Really, Metta and Mistral were probably the only ones aware of that, since most clocks didn't work anymore, but that meant it was a new month. Christmas would come soon. Metta prayed that this would be over by then.