𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    THE AIR WAS STILL. An uneasy quiet settled in the stale, hot air. Sun rays from the two suns of Tatooine peeked in through the shattered windows, its light licking the walls and floor and casting a shadow on what it couldn't reach. The distant chatter of the people could be heard, and even from afar, Astrid could hear the glum tone lacing each of their voices.

    Tatooine was not a happy place. Everything was dim, lifeless. It was a beacon of darkness. The cruelest people lived on the planet away from the punishing grip of the Empire. But even the most kind-hearted were bewitched upon this dirty planet of sand. Bound by rusty chains that were built into the matted walls.

    Astrid presses herself against the crumbling wall, her bottom lip sucked between her teeth and hands flat against the grainy stone. Small breaths left her nose to avoid any chance of anyone hearing her. Her ears strain to hear even the slightest sign of life, eyes narrowed at the empty cell that stood next to her.

    Small sniffles had finally given her the indication that she was actually at the right place. A small breath of relief threatened to slip her lips but she bit it back as she quickly peeks over the corner to see if any guards stood in front of the occupied cell. In a swift motion, she ducks back, just barely avoiding the traveling eyes of the single guard.