Chapter 1

I hummed a tune as I walked down the street with a basket on my arm, holding the bottom of my very long light blue dress with one hand so i didn't step on it. I seem to be weirdly clumsy for an elf.
Today was the monthly... "Farmers market" I guess you could call it, where hundreds of elves set up stands and sold fresh fruits and veggies and bread and wines and so much more.
So far I had already bought an entire basket full of just veggies that I had returned to my house and now I am back to get fruits.
I picked up some bright red strawberries and added them to my basket of peaches, plums, and bananas. I then saw a stand for apples and I went to grab some. I picked up one to inspect it, checking if there were bruises or anything like that, and I put it, along with 5 others, in my basket.
As I was walking to the next stand, i ran straight into something.
I squealed as my basket dropped and I spilled all my fruits on the floor, soon being stepped on by elves who did not notice them.
I looked up to see what I ran into and I saw Prince legolas standing before me with wide eyes.
"I'm so sorry, my prince. I did not see you there" I said, bowing.
"No no no that was all my fault! I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking!" He said, raising his hands and shaking his head profusely.
He then looked down at all my fruits that were now squished into the dirt.
"I'm so sorry about your fruit! I hope that wasn't your dinner?" He said as I stood back up from my bow.
"Well.... Yes it actually was..." I said scratching the back of my head.
"Since this was my fault, I feel I must repay you for this. I would personally like to invite you to the palace tonight to join my father and I for dinner." He said with a smile. My jaw dropped and I looked at him with bewilderment.
"A-a-at the p-palace?!" I said. He chuckled and nodded his head.
"Um... Well... Ok... I guess. Thank you my prince." I said, bowing once again.
"Ok then, be at the palace at 6:30, tell the guards legolas invited you." He said and he started to walk away before pausing and turning back.
"I completely forgot to ask! What is your name?" He asked
"Ilminia, my prince" I said with a smile.
He smiled back then continued walking.
Well... I guess I'm having dinner at the palace tonight.