Chapter 3

Once we got to my room and she opened the door for me, I stepped inside and stared in awe at the beauty of it.

The room was made of wood and it was very long. On the left wall was a wardrobe and a large beautiful mirror hanging on the wall next to it. Then there was a door which I'm guessing lead to the bathroom. After that there was a small dresser with a candelabra and a small tray. Then on the back wall was a desk with more candles and many books on it. Above the desk was a window that stretched across the entire wall with maroon curtains hanging over it. Then on the right side of the wall was an enormous, and I'm talking californian King sized, canopy bed with marroon drapes and deep brown silk sheets with marroon and brown pillows. On either side of the bed was a small brown bedside table with candles placed on them.

I thanked the servant and she left, shutting the doors behind her.

Soon after I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said and an elleth walked in. She had long brown hair and bright yellow/brown eyes.

"Hello miss Ilminia, Thranduil has sent me to help you prepare for sleep." She said.

"Oh! Wow! Thank you!" I said smiling. I've never had someone help with this before!

She went to the wardrobe and grabbed a white nightgown that had thin straps on the top then there was a ribbon under the bodice and the dress flowed freely to the floor from there.

She started to undress me but I stopped her.

"Um really it's ok I can do that myself." I said and she nodded with a smile, layed the nightgown on the bed then left.

I changed into the nightgown, braided my hair, and climbed into the bed I fell asleep very quickly.

---

I woke to the sound of birds chirping and I stretched, rubbing my eyes.

I stood and went to the window and opened the curtains. The sun was just rising and I could see an amazing view because the window was facing east. Out the window I could also see a large plot of grass and then trees. I saw some deer walking among the trees and there were birds flying everywhere.

I heard a knock at my door and turned around.

"Come in" I said and the door opened. Much to my surprise, Thranduil walked in.

"Good morning, my king" I said, bowing.

"Good morning." He replied, "I trust you slept well?"

"Yes, very much so. Thank you for allowing me to stay here for the night." I said.

"It was my pleasure. A servant will be in soon to prepare you and you are free to stay as long as you would like. You may have a look around the palace while you're hear too if you would like but before you leave I would like you to come to the throne room" he said, I nodded and he turned and left. Moments later the same elleth from last night came in. She pulled a dress out from the wardrobe and she went and ran a bath for me.

Once I bathed, I put on the dress she layed out (like the pic) and I left my hair down.

I exited my room and after much wandering, I found myself in the gardens.

Walked over to a little white bench surrounded by hundreds of flowers and I sat down and just enjoyed the outdoors. I slipped off my shoes to feel the ground under my feet and I raised my head to the sky to feel the sun on my face. After a few minutes of sitting like that and listening to the wind rustling through the trees and the birds chirping, I heard a chuckle. I suddendly looked up and saw thranduil standing before me wearing a silver silk tunic and brown pants with boots and a red cloak.

He then walked over and sat next to me.

"This is where I like to come too. I like to sit here and just enjoy nature. This used to be my wife's favorite spot in all of mirkwood." He said with a small smile, but pain and sadness in his eyes.

"I could see why." I said, looking at all the flowers.

Thranduil then closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

I looked at thranduil, his eyes closed and his face turned toward the sun, a slight breeze running through his hair.

I knew he was gorgeous but now as i lookat him, he is breathtaking.

"I can feel your eyes upon my face" Thranduil said suddenly, not moving.

i quickly averted my eyes and my face turned bright red.

"I-i am sorry my king." i said, fiddling with my hands. He then did something that surprised me immensely. he reached his hand out and laid it over my hands.

"It is ok, do not be embarrassed." he said, taking his other hand and tilting my chin up.

Geez he's gorgeous. the sun was hitting his eyes just perfectly so i would see the blue and green and yellow and grey specks in them. They were mesmerizing.

all of a sudden i felt my heart thud. I knew this feeling. No, why would this be happening. Thranduil? yes hes gorgeous but i have heard horrible stories about him. plus, hes my king! i couldnt!

I tore my eyes away from his and stood up.

"I had better get going... thank you for letting me stay here last night, my king." I said bowing and walking away. I said farewell to legolas and went to the stables to get my horse and went home.