Chapter 5

A few days passed, filled mostly with sleeping and occasional visits from Thranduil or Elrond just asking how I was feeling then on the 4th day of being in rivendell I started to get extremely bored.
"Ok well don't hesitate to let me know if you need something." Thranduil said and turned to leave. Usually this is where I'd say ok and he'd leave but this time I didn't say ok.
"Actually... I would like a book. It is extremely boring just sitting here" I said laughing.
"Most certainly! What kind of book would you like? I can grab whatever you would like!" Thranduil said with a smile an smh eyes got very wide.
"Oh no! I wasn't saying you need to, my king! You are the king, you shouldn't be getting books for an elleth like me!" I said in udder shock.
"What do you mean an elleth like you? You have just as much worth as any other elleth or elf. I will personally get you the book." He said with a smile.
"Ok.. I guess.. I'll just take any book. It doesn't matter what it is. I like all books." I said, "thank you so much, my king." I said noding my head because I could not bow.
"I do have one condition though if you are going to stay in the palace when we return." Thranduil said.
"Yes, my king?"
"Enough with the "my king" stuff. I would like you to call me by my name, Thranduil, please." He said and I gaped at him. I could never! He's my king! I couldn't be so casual with him! But it was my kings request so I guess I had to.
"Yes my-I mean.... Thranduil." I said. It felt weird to say his name but at the same time it felt so natural. Like I had been saying it all my life.
Thranduil smiled at me then turned and left.
A few minutes later Thranduil returned with a large book in his hands. When he set it down on my lap I saw that it was the War Chronicles of the Second Age. Hm. Weird choice but luckily I like this kind of stuff. Arda has such an amazing history and I love learning all about where we all came from.
"This is my personal favorite. I hope you like it." Thranduil said smiling.
He then sat on the side of my bed and started flipping to a page.
"This is where it really starts, everything before it is boring." He said, pointing to the page and looking at me.
"Thank you, Thranduil. I actually really love books like this! They're so interesting!" I said smiling at him. We sat there smiling for a few seconds before he stood up.
"I should get going. Elrond will be wondering where I am." He said and turned to leave.
"Thank you again, Thranduil. For everything." I said and he paused, his hand on the doorknob. Then he turned and smiled at me, nodding his head then leaving.
Once the door had closed behind him I opened the book and started to read.