Chapter 9

Once it was almost time for the feast I left to go get ready. When I entered my room I saw that a gorgeous deep blue dress (pic) had been layed on the bed and a beautiful intricate silver circlet was next to it. I took a shakey breath and walked over to the dress, laying my left hand on it. Just then I heard a knock at the door
"Come in." I said and Thranduil entered.
"Nervous?" He asked and I nodded, still looking at the dress. Thranduil walked over to me and placed his right hand upon mine, rubbing it soothingly. I sighed and felt some of my nerves drain away at his touch. I really must like him a lot. I am not even denying or fighting it anymore. I am falling in love with the king. But he would never love me back. He's the king. I'm just an elleth. It's unheard of.
"You are going to be amazing." He said and I looked up at him. We were standing probably about 5 inches apart and his hand was upon mine. I wanted to reach up and kiss him but I knew how horrible that would turn out so I just smiled.
"Thank you, Thranduil. Now, I must get ready. Where shall I meet you?"
"Head toward the dining hall but keep going down the hall, don't turn into the dining room. There will but doors at the end of the hall. In there is the ballroom where we hold the feasts." He said. I nodded and he left.
I placed a hand over mine where his was not too long ago. I then felt my heart and realized it was beating like I just ran 10 miles. I took a few deep breaths to calm it then turned and changed into the dress. I then undid my braid and my hair fell in loose waves to just under my bum then I placed the circlet on my head and looked in the mirror.
I gasped when I saw myself. I looked gorgeous! I don't think I'm a particularly pretty elf, I'm just average, but the deep blue of the dress made my already pale skin look white and made my hair look shiny and extremely white. It also made my light blue eyes pop. The shape of the dress fell perfectly and made me look very thin, except for the chest which sadly I had much of.
After looking at myself for a minute I turned toward the door.
Once I reached the ballroom I took a deep breath and tried to still my shaking hands. When the two ellons opened the doors into the magnificent room I stepped in, gawking at the huge room.
It was white inside, unlike the rest of the palace which was a deep wood color, and had pillars all around it with golden flowers going around them, then going across the entire ceiling making it look like there was a golden garden up there. There was a large gold table, and I'm talking large, in the middle of the room with white and gold plates and a large centerpiece of golden flowers that was at least 4 feat tall. The chairs were white with gold trim and had high backs.
Further ahead there was an entire band set up with all golden instruments and golden music stands. There was a harp, a cello, a violin, a flute, and guitar, and a grand piano.
As I stood there marveling at everything I didn't notice someone walking up behind me.
I felt a delicate hand being placed on my lower back and they leaned close to my ear.
"Are you ready?" They whispered. I immediately recognized the voice as Thranduil. I shivered from being able to feel his hot breath on my ear/neck and I nodded.
"As ready as I'll ever be." I said and he chuckled.
He then walked to the front of the room where all the instruments were set up and said in a booming voice
"Welcome, friends! I have a special treat for you this fine evening. Lady Ilminia will be singing a song. Please be kind and give her your attention." He said, gesturing to me and all hundred or so heads turned to look at me. I swallowed and walked to the front of the room.
Once I got to the front, they started to play and I started singing.
(Song I attached.)
Once the song ended I took a deep breath and everyone clapped. I took a deep bow and smiled at them all.
Thranduil walked over to me and placed his hand on my lower back.
"That's was absolutely beautiful." He said and I turned to him smiling.
He then turned to everyone and said loudly, "Now.. We feast!" He said and everyone walked to the table. Thranduil sat at the head and I sat on his right then everyone filled in the extra seats, Elrond being at the other head of the table.
The feast was magnificent! There was meats, salads, berries, breads, and most of all, wine!
After everyone had finished eating the band started to play lively music. Thranduil stood and held his hand out to me. I looked at his hand surprised but I took it and he led me to the dance floor.
We spun and danced and he lifted me a few times and dipped me and laughed the entire time.
Once it had gotten very late and everyone had gone home, Thranduil and I stopped dancing.
"I am exhausted! I had better go to sleep." I said and then I remembered about what he said this morning about me staying in his room.
"Thranduil?" I said and he turned to me.
"Yes?"
"About what you said this morning... About me staying in your room.. Yes I would like that very much. Thank you." I said and he smiled at me.
"It is my pleasure, my dear" he said.
"I am also extremely exhausted so I think I will also turn in for the night." He said and he lead the way to his room.
Once we got there he told me that he'd be right back and left. He returned a minute later with a nightgown for me.
He handed it to me, grabbed his sleep clothes ( silver silk bottoms and a silver silk top) then went to the bathroom to change. I quickly changed into the nightgown and climbed into the bed on the side that looked less slept in. Right as I hit the pillow I started to drift of.
I heard Thranduil blowing out the candles around the room then he climbed into the right side of the bed. I was laying on my left side and I felt him reach over and pull me to him so we were spooning. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I drifted off to sleep in his arms.