Chapter 2

I rushed back home to figure out what I would wear. I ended up choosing a dark forest green dress (the attached pic) that had a very lon train that trailed behind me as I walked and very long sleeves that were maroon on the inside and the bodice was very tight and showed off my curves. It also had gold embellishment along the neckline. I took my buttlength white hair out of the braid I had it in and it fell in loose waves that I combed through and I then placed s gold circlet on my head.
I usually don't wear shoes but seeing as I was going to the palace I put on a pair of gold flats.
I looked at the time ((A/N how do they tell time in middle earth? I'm just going to say that there's clocks lol bcuz yea)) and it was already 6! I then went outside to my beautiful white horse and I climbed on, side saddle, and rode to the palace because it was too far for me to walk.

Once I could see the palace doors ahead of me, I slowed my horse to a trot and when I reached the doors I slid off and let the guards put her in the stables.
"What is your business here" one guard asked.
"Legolas invited me" I replied and he nodded, letting me in. As I walked in the palace doors I tried not look totally stupid and I gaped at the high ceilings and the gold and gems everywhere.
I continued down a long hallway until I was met by a servant.
"Hello miss, Ilminia?" She asked and I nodded with a smile, "right this way." She said, nodding to me then turning and starting to walk.
I followed her down the hallway that then led to a gigantic room that had a pathway leading up to a platform with a throne on it.
The servant then stopped and turned to me, gesturing to the man who was sitting on the throne. King Thranduil. I looked up at him and gawked at his beauty. I had heard rumors of it but I had never imagined him to be this attractive. He was sitting with his arms stretched over the armrests and his legs were crossed and he held his head high.
I slowly started walking over to where he sat, my head lowered.
Once I reached the base of the throne I bowed.
"My king, thank you for having me this fine evening." I said, holding my bow. I then stood back up, still having my head lowered. Afraid to look him in the eye.
"It is my pleasure." He said. His voice was very smooth and he wasn't shouting but it filled the entire room. I then heard his boots hitting wood as he decended the stars.
The sound of steps got closer and closer until I could see his feet right in front of me.
I heard the rustle of his large cloak as he raised his hand and placed it on my chin, he then slowly tilted my head up, forcing me to look him in the eye.
"You have a beautiful face, look up at me when you are speaking to me and not to the floor please." I could feel my face heating up and I knew it was bright red. My eyes widened and I nodded.
"Yes, my king. " I said. His hand still on my chin, his eyes locked on mine.
As I looked into his eyes I noticed just how blue they are. They look like the sea after a storm, when the sun just starts to shine through. A deep blue but yet there was some light to it.
Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat from behind us and he dropped his hand, looking at the person who made the noise.
"Ah, my son. Ilminia has arrived." Thranduil said, walking towards legolas.
I turned around and smiled at legolas, bowing my head.
"Dinner is almost ready." Legolas said.
"Come, the dining hall is this way." Thranduil said, and started walking down the path away from this throne. When we got to the end of the path he turned right and then left down a long hallway and in the hallway there was a pair of huge double doors made of a dark wood. There were two servants standing outside of them and they opened them for us as we walked through.
As I entered the dining hall I saw that the room was huge! I could fit my entire house in here!
Everything was made of wood and there were hugs paintings of trees and animals hanging on the walls and in the middle of the room was a long wooden table with dark wooden chairs pulled up. The chairs were very interesting, they had no armrests but they had very high backs that went abou 7 feet high.
There was an enormous chandelier hanging directly above the table and there were candles all around the room.
We sat down, Thranduil at the head of the table and I on his left and legolas on his right. Moments later servants started setting down played full of food.
Chicken, veggies, fruits, and some things I've never even seen before! They played our food for us and we started eating.
The food was delicious! We didn't talk much thought the dinner but we had small talk. Thranduil asked where I came from, if I lived on my own, what I do in my spare time, just some normal small talk stuff. I told him about my family and that both my parents sailed long ago so yes I live on my own and that in my free time I like to go into the forest and kill spiders, he then asked what I use as a weapon and I told him that I preferred bows and arrows. Thranduil then asked legolas about his day and other fatherly things. I have to say, it was slightly awkward, the whole ordeal. But that's probably just because I'm an awkward person.
Once we were done with dinner, desert was brought out. We had wine and chocolate cake.
The cake was absolutely to die for and the wine was sweet but very strong. I do admit I probably had a bit more than I should have but so did Thranduil so it was ok.
Once we finished our second bottle and we were all laughing and telling funny stories, ((A/N ok as I'm writing this we just had an earthquake and omg I'm literally terrified of earthquakes and I'm shaking right now holy omg ok that's all)) Thranduil stood up and said that it was very late and it was time for him to retire.
"Yes I should probably be headed home" I said, and as I stood up I stumbled and almost face planted but i felt two strong arms wrap around my torso, holding me up. I quickly regained my composure and looked at thranduil with a red face.
"I am sorry, my king, it seems I have had a bit too much to drink." I said, looking down.
Thranduil chuckled.
"I would not want you going all the way back to your house in this condition. You may stay here for the night. We have many rooms." He said and my eyes went wide.
"Thank you very much, my king." I said and bowed.
Thranduil then called for a servant and had her show me to my room.
We said goodnight and exited.