chapter 4

ATLAS

She turns around, seeming rather startled by my presence.

 Did no one tell her about our plans for today?

 I look her up and down, almost judgmentally. I mean I couldn't help it, she looked as if she was mauled by 5 dogs. 

Fixing my face to a bored expression, I turned to the door. "Come on cupcake, let's go give you the awesome grand tour of the academy." 

 When I didn't hear any footsteps follow mine, I slightly turned my head. She was giving me this weird constipated face.

She took a big breath and started what seems like a rant, "First of all, I am NOT your cupcake, second of all, I did not appreciate the way you were condescendingly looking at me. I expect an apology."

 I arched an eyebrow at her, "To what do I owe an apology to exactly? For looking at you?"

 Rolling her eyes at me she stated, "For being a condescending, annoying, stupid, good-looking JERK." Her eyes widen at the last part, seeming as if she didn't mean to compliment me.

I chuckled at the last part, "Glad to know you find me good-looking cupcake, but we don't have that much time and I have plans."

 This time I continued walking without stopping to check if she was following me, I just knew she was.

I handed her schedule letting my hand linger longer than it probably should, giving her another glance before continuing our walk to the dormitories.

 The dormitories were divided with a big grand hall and at the end of the hall was a portrait of the headmaster.

I took a stop in front of the girls' dormitory grand hall, not being able to trespass any further. 

When I turned back, she stopped looking at the portrait, she stared at it with a grim look. 

She quickly masks it when she catches me staring at her. 

I had this odd feeling to reassure her so I mustered up the most charming smile, "I'm pretty sure you're gonna be roommates with Anya, if that's any reassurance," I informed her.

Whatever vulnerable moment I had shared with her quickly vanished, she grabbed her belongings, nodded her head at me, and ran off.

 "Wrong direction!" I shouted after her. 

She stopped for a second, pulled out her school map, looked back up, and continued where she was going flipping the bird at me. 

I let out a small chuckle.

I glance at the time on my watch and realize.. Shit. I'm late for Sebastian's back to school party. I rush to my dorm, flinging clothes around.

Simon bursts into the room not even 5 minutes later throwing on a very coordinated outfit in such a short time. 

"You forgot about it too, huh?" I ask with a small grin, finally deciding on a simple grey sweatshirt with cargo pants.

We finally arrive at the party, and the blasting, loud music is already deafening to my ears. Simon has already ditched me to get some drinks, leaving me looking lost. 

I rarely come to parties but every year I ditch my grudge against them for Sebastian. Simon, Sebastian, and I have gone to Greenwood Academy since preschool basically. 

Our parents have a very tight knit inner circle that pushed us even closer. I look around at the crowded living room, open beer cans already scattered around the coffee table. 

"ATLAS!" I hear Sebastian call out excitedly, out of all three of us he's the most energetic and the most friendly one. He skips over and pulls me into a bro hug.

 I throw a glare at him for the hug, but I awkwardly pat his back.

"I will find you a drink, but I heard the new girl is coming to the party with Anya! Which is awesome because that's killing two birds with two stones! Getting to meet her and, of course, throwing a killer party." 

He rambles energetically. I don't feel like reminding him that it's two birds with ONE stone. 

Sebastian wouldn't remember anyways, before I get a chance to reply to anything he says, he's already on his way to charm more people who just entered the party.

Hmm, so the new girl is coming to the party. This should be interesting.

AUTHORS NOTE

I still don't have a lot of reads but I do find this fun regardless! I hope you guys love the characters as much as I'm starting to. Constructive criticism isn't wanted but I don't mind it, just don't be mean TT.

Thank you for reading the fourth chapter! Make sure to vote, comment, and follow!

QOTD: What's your favorite color?