chapter 7

Indiyah

A collective cheer rose from the group, and Indiyah felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

This was not how she wanted to enter this strange new world, being known for kissing one of the most popular guys, this would make this year a lot more complicated...

"Looks like fate wants you two to kiss!" one of the girls teased, and the others giggled in agreement.

I rolled my eyes quickly and tried to look anywhere else, to avoid looking into his searching stare.

Atlas, to Indiyah's surprise, smirked, his eyes locking onto hers with an intriguing glint. "Well, I guess we can't argue with fate, can we?" he said, rising to his feet swiftly.

I look at him with an annoyed look, "Nope, no, I think we can argue with fate," I continue as he gets closer to me, "Even have a nice debate while we're at it..."

Indiyah's heart pounded louder in her chest as he approached, not because she liked him or anything...

He just kept getting closer to her, until he was towering over her, his gaze unwavering.

He leaned down to my ear, "You ready?" he murmured, his voice softer than his intense gaze.

"No..." I mutter back, eyeing him suspiciously while he chuckles, leaning in closer to my face.

My eyes were fixed onto his as he pulls me by the waist, and his lips finally met mine.

The sensation was electrifying, and I could feel a sense of overwhelming want as he deepens the kiss, his lips lingering curiously while his hands still rest on my waist, slowly tracing gentle circles with his fingertips.

I let my mind go blank, and give into the kiss, not even realizing the cheers from the others.

I pull away from him his first, my face turning a dark shade of crimson. I wanted to wipe that smug look off his face, "That was alright, I guess."

A round of chuckles compliment the slight insult and he just shakes his head in amusement, while I look around to see where Anya went.

I go and check to see if she was in the kitchen, and I see her sitting on the counter, looking at the wall with her brows furrowed.

"Anya? Are you alright?"

She breaks her quiet trance and looks at me with a forced smile, "Yeah, no, I'm fine. How was...you know the kiss."

Part of her expression was curiosity and part was sadness, I gave her a confused look until...

"Oh! You thought I kissed golden retriever? Anya, I ended up kissing Atlas."

She lets out a sigh of relief, and quickly hides it with an awkward laugh. "Nice to know you didn't kiss Seb!"

"I kind of felt bad for rejecting him, but I have a feeling he'd prefer a kiss from someone else." I give her a knowing look and her cheeks are painted a rosy red color.

"Alright, alright, chill out! How was kissing Atlas?"

I look around and lean closer to her, "Well, I mean for my first kiss, it didn't disappoint...but the person who it was with was disappointing."

I sigh dramatically and she laughs, "Come on, give him a chance, you can't judge him based off of your first impression."

"Says who?" I look for snacks in the cabinet, and see some relatively normal looking goldfish. I grab them and hop on the counter next to her, putting the bag between us so we could share.