chapter 12

ATLAS

As the music swirled and laughter filled the grand ballroom, I couldn't help but steal glances across the room. My eyes were fixated on Indiyah, the epitome of elegance, as she entered the room wearing a breathtakingly tight-fitted ball gown. The fabric hugged her curves in all the right places, accentuating her curves. I felt my traitorous heart quicken its pace, a rush of emotions flooding my senses.

I knew she felt the weight of my stare like a tangible force, her cheeks flushing with a mix of nerves. She couldn't ignore me, I knew she couldn't. Before I knew what I was doing, I started walking towards her. It's like my feet had a mind of it's own.

Our eyes locked in a silent exchange, and I fought to suppress the whirlwind of emotions swirling within myself, a battle against the undeniable pull I felt towards her. I couldn't possibly have the head master's granddaughter when he already had her life planned out, when all of our lives were already planned out, but I wanted her.

Before an actual word could escape from my mouth, Indiyah broke the trance, "Excuse me, I need some air," her steps faltering as she made her way towards the others. I watched her departure, a pang of annoyance gnawing at my insides.

As I watched her head towards the group of girls, I was met with a glare from Anya. An annoyed sigh escaped, and I turn towards the group of parents. The whole group's parents were exchanging false laughter amongst themselves, when they all were just a bunch of snakes. None of them actually cared about themselves or their children. My dad shot me a warning look, it was a simple one but it meant to go mingle and create powerful connections.

I made my rounds, not interested in what any of them had to say but keeping a professional facade anyways. Ever so often, my eyes kept drifting back to Indiyah. I watched as she nervously fiddled with the hem of her gown, her cheeks flushed with a delicate shade of pink under my stare.

As the night wore on, I found myself  unable to shake the overwhelming desire to be near her, only to mess with her, of course. And when she slipped out onto the balcony, I walked briskly after her.

Following her out into the cool night air, I found her standing alone, her gaze fixed on the twinkling lights of the city below. The soft glow of the moon bathed her in an ethereal light, casting a halo around her silhouette.

"Indiyah," I said, my voice sounding husky with emotion as I approached her. She turned to face me, her eyes widening with surprise then replaced with irritation, "Atlas, what are you doing out here?"

I ignored her question and stepped closer, searching for answers in her eyes. I cupped her face with my hands, and her fierce gaze only intensified but with a glimmer of desperation. To my surprise, her lips crashed onto mine. The soft brush of her mouth against mine ignited a spark that sent a jolt of electricity coursing through my veins.

My hands found their way to her waist, tracing a finger up her open back. I felt her shiver underneath my touch. Her fingers tangled in the fabric of my suit jacket. The taste of Indiyah's lips was intoxicating, a heady combination of sweetness and longing that left me craving more with each passing second. It felt as if I was drowning in her, consumed by a hunger that could never be satisfied.

As our bodies press against each other, and the tension between us building. The ragged breaths come faster, and the kisses become more rough. Before my hands could explore further, Leilani stumbles onto the balcony and Indiyah flies off me.

Leilani looks between both of us, a silent moment passes. She then fills the air with the loudest laugh I've ever heard escape her mouth. She points at her and points at me, and starts laughing again. Anya and the boys suddenly all pile onto the balcony, apparently all looking for a drunk Leilani.

They try to figure out why she's laughing but she just shakes her head and starts sipping her drink some more. Sebastian gently takes the glass away from her, and looks up to the rest of the group, "Time to go?"

We all nod in agreement, and as we sneak out of the ballroom and pile into the limo, the only thing on my mind was having Indiyah as my own, no matter what troubles we're all going to face because of this girl.

-

THANK YOU FOR READING THE TWELTH CHAPTER! make sure to vote, follow, comment, and share! follow me on tt at and see you next chapter! ;)

Q: Would you rather cook or eat at a restaurant?