huit

Damon looks at Elena, "Come on. We're leaving."

But Elena doesn't back down, "No."

"I said we're leaving."

Rey roll her eyes and stepped in "the girl said no Damon"

"I'm not going with you."

Damon gave his sister a look, "Stay out of this, Reyna." Then he looked back at Elena, "you don't get to make decisions anymore." Rey decided to stay out of it for now as Elena glared at him.

"When have I ever made a decision? You and Stefan do that for me. Now this, this is my decision."

Damon just gave her a look, "who's gonna save your life while you're out making decisions?"

Rey had to give it to the girl she had fire because she was not backing down. "You're not listening to me, Damon. I don't want to be saved. Not if it means that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that I love."

But Damon isn't giving up either, "Get your ass out the door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out myself." Damon grasps her arm tightly. Elena struggles and releases herself from his grip.

Elena gave him a look, "No!" Elena throws a punch at Damon. Damon clutches her fist in his hand and moves in towards her. Elena gasps in shock.

"Don't ever do that again." Damon releases her fist from his grasp and walks away. Elena stands there, horrified. Rey rolled her eyes with a scoff at her little brother being dramatic.

A little while later, Damon opened a set of double doors and exited the bedroom, Rey, Elena, and Rose, looked at him from their seats in the living room "Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day." Suddenly, the front doors burst open, and three men walk into the apartment. Damon turns his head to look at them as Rose and Elena stand up. Rey keeps herself in the back for now.

Cody looked at Damon, "we're here to meet the doppelgänger."

"Thank you for coming." Elena attempts to walk toward them, but Damon pushes her back.

Rey heard her brother whispering to Elena, "I will break your arm." He looks at Cody.

That was when Rey decided to make her presence known, "that really won't be necessary Cody... so why don't you just turn around and go crawl back in the hole that you crawled out of because I've got this handled?"

Rey saw his eyes widen and the fear in his eyes when he saw her there, "Reyna?"

The female Salvatore gave him a smug smirk "yeah that's right I'm here, so that means your presence is really not needed... I have everything under control."

Damon looked at the vampires, "there is nothing here for you." The man in the back suddenly drops to the floor, dead. Elijah stands behind him. The other two vampires look back at Elijah. Elijah vamp speeds towards them, looking from one to the other. Rose gasps and vamp speeds out of the apartment. Elijah looks over at Elena and Damon, all while Rey was just smirking at the whole scene. Damon looked very surprised at their new surprise guest, "I killed you. You were dead."

Elijah smirked at the younger vampire, "For centuries now." Elijah looks back at Cody. "Who are you?"

Cody looks back at him, "Who are you?"

"I'm Elijah." The original answered him.

Rey gave Cody an unimpressed look and tsked at him, "you really should learn to respect your elders."

Cody's eyes widen, and he looked between Reyna and Elijah before he spoke to the original, "We were gonna bring her to you. For Klaus. She's the doppelgänger. I don't know how she exists, but she does. Klaus will want to see her."

Elijah gave him a look, "Does anyone else know that you're here?"

Cody shook his head, "no."

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful."

Rey saw the look on her brother-in-law's face and knew exactly what Elijah was about to do, so she reacted, "Wait. Wait. Wait... Cody's mine." With that Reyna flashed forward and shoved her hand through his chest, "you've always been a rude, disrespectful little prick, and being able to end your life brings me immense joy." Then she ripped his heart from his chest with an extremely smug smirk on her face... this made her very happy.

Elijah plunges his arms into the other vampires' chest. He grunts as Elijah rips his heart out. The two vampires fall to the floor, dead, and Elijah lets his heart drop from his hand and Rey let Cody's heart fall to the floor. Rey was still feeling very smug that she got to kill Cody.

Damon prepares to fight with Elijah, but Elijah shocks them, by turning around and vamp-speeding out of the apartment. Damon looks back at Elena, both of them with shocked expressions on their faces.

All the while there was Rey who had a wide smirk stretched across her face before Damon or Elena could say or react to what just happened. Once she was far enough away, she pulled out her phone and called Nik, he picked up the call on the second ring "hello my love."

She still had a smirk on her face, "hey Nik."

He laughed, "you sound very smug right now... what have you got?"

"Well first, Elijah wants to stop you from breaking the curse and I killed Cody."

"Of course he does and ahhhh, that explains the smugness you've been wanting to that for a while... he was a good minion though, but in the end he is replaceable."

Rey shrugged, "well, what can I say, he deserved it... he was very rude."

He sighed, "if you say it was deserved, then it was deserved, my love."

"I have a feeling that Elijah is going to be a problem for what you wanted me to do because I know he'll warn them not to trust me because of my unwavering loyalty to you, so I don't get in the way of whatever plans that he has, and I don't have one of those nifty little daggers to use on him... that is if I could use it anyway."

"Well, it's okay if you get compromised, you can just do the job from afar and come in when needed."

Rey smiled at her husband's understanding of her situation, "all right, I love you Nik and I miss you."

"I miss you too, Rey, and I love you too... I'll see you soon, my love, I got to go." They said their goodbyes and hung up the phone, then Rey flashed back to the boarding house, she sighed Elijah could ruin everything that she's worked for, but she would have a way to work around it.

***Ugh, they are so cute together.