Chapter Six

(The pic in this chapter is from Pinterest)

I woke up the next morning to the light shining from the windows.

Just now I realized how much I've missed Hogwarts over the summer. Waking up like this is one of the best things I know.

The clock on my bedside table read 7:00. Which means there are two hours left until our first lesson.

I searched my memory for what the day will bring.

I couldn't remember what lessons we had before lunch today, but I do remember that we have our first Care of Magical Creatures lesson with Hagrid today after lunch.

It would be fun. Watching Malfoy make a fool of himself.

"Lovisa, are you awake?" Hermione had woken up in the bed next to mine.

I turned my head to look at her.

"Yes" I said as I sat up in my bed. "How did you sleep?"

"Great" she said as she sat up as well. "What time is it?" she asked, rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes.

"7" I answered.

Hermione and I went down to the common room and did some more catching up. Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown eventually joined us and not long after, Ginny walked down the girl's stairs to join.

When Harry and Ron woke up around 8, Hermione and I went back up to our dorm and changed into our robes before heading back to breakfast with Ron and Harry.

Of course, the first thing we saw as we entered the great hall was Draco who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As we passed he did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and almost the whole Slytherin table burst into laughter.

"Ignore him" Hermione and I said to Harry the same time.

"Just ignore him, it's not worth it..." I sighed.

"Hey, Potter!" laughed Pansy Parkinson. "Potter! The dementors are coming! Potter watch out!"

There was another roar of laughter as we sat down at the Gryffindor table next to George Weasley.

"New third-years times tables" he said, passing them over. "What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy" said Ron, glaring over at the Slytherin table.

I turned my head only to see Draco doing another impression of Harry fainting. Daphne met my eyes and gave me an apologetic smile.

"That little git" George said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down our side of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself" Fred had sat down on the other side of George.

"I wasn't too happy myself..." George continued. "They're horrible things, those dementors..."

"Sort of freezes your insides, don't they?" Said Fred.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" Harry said, in a low voice.

"Forget it, Harry" said George bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been. He came back all weak and shaking.... They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match" said Fred. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"